headunit shuts off randomly, along with bass! HELP

lshoaf22
10+ year member

Plano TX
I have had my system in my car for almost a year. This problem just started recently. My music will play and every now and then the bass(subs) will shut off but still play music and then turn back on, some times my head unit will shut off completely and turn back on without resetting. i bought a new headunit. same problem, was working for a bit then does the same thing..plays for a bit, now and then my subs don't work. then comes back on a second later then my head unit will just shut off then turn back on ...ive gotten a new headunit and checked all my wiring. subs and amp are new. do i need to get a new gauge power wire n ground? also have a capacitor hooked up. could that be the problem?? HELP!

i have 2 10" kicker comps, 760w pioneer amp, with kicker speakers and a clarion 600$ new headunit.

same happend to me a long time ago, u need better electrical, sell the cap get another battery and to the big 3. u just pulling to much power

same happend to me a long time ago, u need better electrical, sell the cap get another battery and to the big 3. u just pulling to much power
thanks ill try that, but my battery is pretty much new.i bought it like 4 months ago. alot of ppl tell me the capacitor really does nothing but looks cool. another person told me it could be my stock harness going to my fuses could be shorted.

thanks ill try that, but my battery is pretty much new.i bought it like 4 months ago. alot of ppl tell me the capacitor really does nothing but looks cool. another person told me it could be my stock harness going to my fuses could be shorted.
fuse would be blown if it had a short thats what a fuse is for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

fuse would be blown if it had a short thats what a fuse is for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
i figured that lol. another forum just said that i need a better battery

this

when my car did that same thing lol i put the new battery in the week before, just add second battery and the big 3 will help lots

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.