im havin trouble with re-coning process.

slconde
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im reconing an aq hdc3 12" and i was wondering if any of u have any tips for removing the screws that hold the basket and motor together. apparently, there is glue mixed in with the screws so im having trouble trying to unscrew them. i dont want to continue cuz i dont want to strip the screws and be SOL.

101_0749.jpg

I had the same issue on my AQ SD8 when i reconed it. I just found the best fitting screwdriver I could, put the motor between my legs and used both hands. They came out after quite a bit of work. Unfortunately I managed to warp my favorite screwdriver //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

You could soften the epoxy with some acetone.. but your best bet is to just hit the screw heads with pencil tip flame from a butane torch.. that will free them right up, quick..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.