Headunit recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have the 490 and I just installed the 491 into a buddy's car....basically the same thing. Very easy to use, sound quality improved ten fold over my old JVC (non time alignment/EQ), and I haven't had any real problems yet....just some issues when doing time alignment it wanted to automatically attenuate the passenger side speakers when it should have been doing just the opposite. However, that was an easy fix. I just changed it! lol

I have the 490 and I just installed the 491 into a buddy's car....basically the same thing. Very easy to use, sound quality improved ten fold over my old JVC (non time alignment/EQ), and I haven't had any real problems yet....just some issues when doing time alignment it wanted to automatically attenuate the passenger side speakers when it should have been doing just the opposite. However, that was an easy fix. I just changed it! lol
How's the new units gpu? My 480 was SLOW

I don't see any difference between my 490 and his 491, but I've never compared to the 480, so I really can't answer your question well. All I can say is there's never any delay switching between menus, etc, and all changes I make to the audio are immediate. As for movies, takes a few seconds to load em up, but not long at all really. Not sure what else you might have had issues with.

that 480 unit was a disaster lmao. from the 480 to the 490/491 is like going from an outdated budget amd processor to an core i3 newest gen.
id like to stick with pioneer, but man if they havent improved the speed of the processor, im not going to be all that keen on a new one. And no papermaker, i dont want a jvc. Its a ford/chevy thing for me. I just like pioneer. Id think about a kenwood maybe

Do you mean the 4800? If yes, I have both the 3800 and 490. I removed the 3800 in my wife's vehicle and put it in my ride and installed the 490 in her car. But yes, the 3800 is slower than 490 as far as speed goes. The 3800 still tends to lag when changing songs compared to the 490. Haven't had any problems w/ hers. Maybe I just need to update the software and hopefully fix the lag.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.