Headunit problems:

Tek
10+ year member

My headunit blew it's fuse. So I went and got some more, put one in, and it blew again, without even turning on the car, as soon as I put it in. I did a quick check for shorts, didn't see anything big. Anything else I should be looking for? I'm going to swing by my friends house in a few hours to see if it's the headunit. Its a Pioneer deh6400 btw. Any help? Is it time to go headunit shopping?

OP
Tek

Tek
10+ year member

Well, I hooked up the OEM headunit, and it worked. ****. So I guess its time to go shopping? Could there be something with the harness?

PS

What're the best headunits for ~$200 now days?

adam71
5,000+ posts

P9 = Ultimate SQ
Michigan
Sounds to me like your memorey (constant) power wire is shorting out somewhere which could be why fuses are blowing without having the car on. Just a thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

zephyr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
here
did you just buy the HU? I helped a friend installing his pioneer which he bought from BB and somehow it came with the wrong harness. It took me a while to figure out what's wrong. Once it got the right harness everything works perfectly.

Breogan24
10+ year member

NYC
I had the EXACT same problem with my Pioneer Premier P900r, Obviously the headunit was toast, so i sold it on Ebay and got an Alpine. I was curious what happened to the unit, so i asked the guy about it and he said it was unrepairable. But i didn't believe him because i saw him list it for sale. So I never found out what caused it.

OP
Tek

Tek
10+ year member

Yea, I switched in another older Pioneer unit that was one of my friends, and it works fine. I have no idea for my 6400 fried, but it did. This *****, time to buy a new headunit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.