Headunit or 1/2 DIN EQ for sound quality?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drummer65
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Okay so I'm looking to get rid of my piece of $%#@ Jensen flip up HU and either get a new head unit with 3 sets of pre-outs or just run an EQ straight from my ipod. I only listen to music from my ipod so right now i don't really see the point in spending $200+ on a new head unit when i can just get an EQ that will do the same things.

I just got new vifa tweeters and silver flute speakers and they are sounding like crap with the head unit so for the last couple of days i have been just plugging my ipod straight into my crossover which has resulted in much better sound.

I'm only looking to spend about $50 on a EQ but my question is will an EQ have the better sound quality then lets say a $200+ alpine deck?

If so do you guys recommend any EQ's with 3 sets of pre-outs for around $50 bucks?

thanks

toggle switch ftw.

You might wanna look into an Audiocontrol unit if you're gonna be running straight off your iPod. iPods seriously lack in bass. Drop in an Epic-160 or 4.1

Okay well just ordered the clarion but had a question. Because I will be using this as my "headunit", if I turn the volume knob will it adjust the bass also or will I hve to adjust the bass knob as well as the volume knob?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.