headunit help/questions

STellY

ok guys.... i did some searching and found out a few things but i have a few different questions that i couldnt find full answers too.

ok first: i have an ipod, and use it in my car currently through the stock tape deck. now i have been planning some upgrades and realized the major flaw in my plan.... i ACTUALLY need my tapedeck and im getting a new HU.

the headunit i am getting is this: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12924

now i believe i can connect my ipod through RCA right? (i have no problem with buying a few cables to do this) also, if i do this... do you think it will show like mp3 name/info on the HU or no? (would be extra plus if it did)

now okay. I have a '99 bravada. They are double-din and i suppose i would need to go pick up a mounting kit... is there a way i can connect some tape deck (how cheap are tape decks? if they exhist standalone...) and hook it up right under that sony HU???

Also what do you guys think about that HU? It looks very nice to me and incredibly affordable....

anyway, any help on any of this would be much appreciated!

edit: searched for the sony; seems ppl have some quality issues with the sony HU's... well i dont wanna spend too much $ over 200 and i REALLY love the look of that HU.... what do you guys think? is the sound quality going to be that different compared to similarly priced HU's?

I would personally take that $200 and get a pioneer HU that can play mp3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I got my DEHP-760MP for about $250, prob less now, and its all I could ask for.

Your question about the Ipod mp3 titles showing on the HU, I doubt it will, actually, it WONT! Unless you have one of the new BMWs I think, that use the Ipod :p

I would personally take that $200 and get a pioneer HU that can play mp3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gifI got my DEHP-760MP for about $250, prob less now, and its all I could ask for.

Your question about the Ipod mp3 titles showing on the HU, I doubt it will, actually, it WONT! Unless you have one of the new BMWs I think, that use the Ipod :p
it cant play mp3's ??? wow def. missed that....

i will keep looking around.... darn, really wanted that lol... no wonder it was so cheap.

how important is that tape deck to you? any alpine with ai-net will allow you to integrate your ipod with it. you will be able to plug in your ipod and put it away somewhere and meanwhile you can control it just as you would a mp3 cd, right from the deck itself, and the whole time it is charging too. also you will be able to display playlists and what now from the deck too. this is probably the best way i have found to incorporate my ipod into my system.

the tape deck really isnt important at all..... its being able to play the ipod in-car that is important...

what you have described with the alpines really sounds sweet.... are alpines the only ones that have this?? i will be checking out a few of the alpines to see if its what i want.

as for that pioneer... its nice but i would like to get a HU that is black or has some black in it so it blends in with my car well...

i know not that many of you like sony, but what about this one http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13714

its similar to the last one i posted but with 120db and plays mp3s....

yes, only alpine has this feature as of this very moment. if you are interested in other brands, the conventional mini jack to rca works well, but i thought that you should know of this option.

yes, only alpine has this feature as of this very moment. if you are interested in other brands, the conventional mini jack to rca works well, but i thought that you should know of this option.
and im glad you let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks man....
the alpines look magically better than before... but im still not sure.

thanks guys for answering some of the questions.

I just bought the Pioneer Premier DEH-P960MP and I also have an iPod. I want to be able to incorporate my iPod into my system and I was told that the Alpine's do this quite easily but I just couldnt get past the looks of the alpine and I saw many negative reviews about the interfacing. With such an expensive HU from Pioneer, you would think there would be some way to incorporate the iPod just like the Alpine...what is it that actually allows the iPod to be controlled by the HU in the alpine, do you know? Thanks for the help. I know of another great way to get the iPod to work in your car if you dont want to have to buy a HU at all and just want iPod support. Check out DensionUSA iPod Icelink. This works great I hear but my car is too old and I dont think its model is supported yet.

i think i saw something like the dension awhile ago but this one looks very nice, a tad expensive though....

maybe in the future, i think i will get that sony HU (the second one i posted, the m8800) and some rca cables...

the iPod iTrip is probably the best quality FM tuner available for the iPod. I know of ways to hack it to give it farther range, and better signal strength. With a good HU and system, it will be nearly cd quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.