Alpine CDA-9835 & XM Radio

hls811
10+ year member

I have an Alpine CDA-9835, what are my options for getting XM radio through it..? I understand there was an XM tuner made by Alpine which has been discontinued.. Was there a problem with it...? Should I not bother trying to find one..

I'd rather not get a universal tuner since i have the 'built in' features in the HU... Any other products out there?

There is a universal tuner out. Its called the XM direct. go to crutchfield.com, They just go them instock today but they only have the sony cables, im also waitin for the alpine cables which are now due out in oct.

The total cost for the cables and the tuner before shipping is 100.

The orginal alpine tuner sold for like 200+ so this one is much cheapet it will work wiht sony,alpine, kenwood, pioneer, and maybe more in the future.

There is a universal tuner out. Its called the XM direct. go to crutchfield.com, They just go them instock today but they only have the sony cables, im also waitin for the alpine cables which are now due out in oct.
The total cost for the cables and the tuner before shipping is 100.

The orginal alpine tuner sold for like 200+ so this one is much cheapet it will work wiht sony,alpine, kenwood, pioneer, and maybe more in the future.

Thanks.. I spoke with someone at Crutchfield about this - they said they "hope to have the Alpine cable in stock by Christmas" - thats not very encouraging..

i bought a old style Alpine tuner with XM antenna off of ebay for $100 it all depends on the demand for the tuner
ur are lucky. I was lookin at them and there going for 150 + now. Very high demand.

I use my Delphi unit for car and for home. It displays everything you need to know and you can even see what's playing when you are listening to a CD so you won't miss your favorite song! I have two cars and I decided that it was a waste buying tuners for each of my cars with subscriptions and having a separate one for home.

I have my Delphi unit neatly stored in my ashtray. I use the orange lights on my Alpine CDA-9835 to match the lights on the Delphi. I got that Alpine cable that interfaces Ai-net to RCA and everything sounds great. I have the cheaper cable that doesn't work with the CD changer but with all my options now and MP3, I don't really need a CD changer!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.