Headunit draining battery when car is off....

did you try the test light?
Well i went to go do it and i reread your post and im not sure if i understand exactly what im supposed to do... I was going to do a little research on your method rather then bother you and ask for a better discription but if you have the time it would be apprieciated.

Unhook headunit and try another HU and if it does the same thing then I couldnt tell you
I wish i had another headunit.... anyone have a cheap cheap one for sale? or live around jupiter FL and wanna help me out?

Disconnect the postive cable,

place a test light b/t the + batt terminal and the + cable,

disconnect 1 fuse at a time until the light goes out (reconnect fuse if light stays lit),

now you know which circuit is the culprit.

I do not know of any car that can sit unused for the better part of 9 months and not have a dead battery as a result.

Why hasn't that occurred to anyone while you are trying to troubleshoot a problem that likely doesn't exist????

I do not know of any car that can sit unused for the better part of 9 months and not have a dead battery as a result.
Why hasn't that occurred to anyone while you are trying to troubleshoot a problem that likely doesn't exist????
Correcto! Head unit is supposed to draw some power, that's how it maintains its memory and why one of the power connections is unswitched. How much is it drawing? Is the new battery still running down in normal use, or just after a few hours of troubleshooting with the doors open //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my mustang sat for 8 mos and started fine... it is a '99 with the original battery too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.