Headunit doesnt play music

andyc039
10+ year member

I have a 96' 240 sx, and I have a problem with my headunit. I installed my headunit, and it turns on and plays cd's and everything, but no sound comes out. I can't figure out what is wrong. I know that my speakers are wired right. Could some of my wires be messed up or something?

Like parkrat said some HU have a on/off function so they can be used to run amplifiers ONLY. I would get a speaker (not mounted) and play around with the wires. If it is a new HU it SHOULD not be bad.

MAn i have the same problem...how ironic... Mine has been sitting in my room for the past year... Mines a p6400.. if u guys can figure this one out i'll be in debted to yus guys

man thats too bad, i installed my pioneer deck with no prior experience and everything worked perfectly so maybe the connections arent tight enough..

use a bigger hammer...

but seriously, read the manual or get someone that knows their way around the unit, and see if the internal amp is turned off.

another problem COULD be.. IF you have premium sound system (such as stupid bose i had) is that you have a factory amp and that it has to be bypassed. this can be done by getting some 18ga wire from walmart and running it from rear and front speakers to the back of the headunit and hook headunits harness to those wires that u ran from the speakers and not to cars harness.

Ididnt find anything about turning on an Internal amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.