Headaches...parametric eq, double bass kick, bass guitar, sound processor ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Knight777

Ok, Well if someone has covered this before, which most likely has happened please inform me. I have recently spent about $1,300 on a car audio system. I purchased an Alpine cda-117, 2 kicker dc12's with an alpine mono block 500w rms amp. I already have 2 infinity 6X9's in the back. It is a toyota pickup with an extended cab. I listen to Rock Music. I believe the bass guitar and the bass drum double kick, are overlapping in the subs. I prefer a clean sound, and want the bass drum and guitar to be separate. Do I need to purchase some 10's and can I send just those frequency's to them? If so how do I go about sending just the bass drum or guitar to a particular set of speakers. Either the bass drum kick or the bass guitar or do they overlap ? Which brings me to another question. I have no problem operating a graphic equalizer, which the Alpine has a 7 band graphic EQ. I cannot solve my problem in the graphic EQ. If someone could tell me what frequency and bands on the parametric EQ I can quiet the bass guitar down, that would be beneficial. I've always been able to listen and use a graphic EQ, but the total control of the 5 band parametric EQ has me somewhat puzzled. I play with it, then the music sounds over-processed, but yet the Bass guitar and double bass kicks are still rumbling together. Anyways The speaker box is wired for 2 Ohms, hence there is only one speaker input. This is relatively new to me as the last time I had a decent stereo was about 10 years ago. I just need some advice. I'm to the point I want to take the whole system back. BestBuy's customer service blows. No one listens to rock anymore anyways.. Rap is so much easier to tune, so here to being synthetic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.