Head unit won't turn off...

Participant count
  • Participant list
AND, I believe your 07 cherokee does not have a switched power wire in the radio harness. You have to wire back to fuse box to get one .... The red and orange are both 12v+ fused power runs ...
That vehicle has canbus system, be careful what you cut ...you'll be sorry ....

Here, this should help you out, i don't have time to type all this out ...

And once i find the switched wire I'm wiring the red accessory to the switched or the yellow constant to it?
And obviously the other wire goes to the other red im assuming right?

The truth is that no one here knows unless they happen to have done it before with exactly your make and model of car, head unit, and aftermarket harness. The right way to do this is to have the head unit wiring diagram in one hand and the after market harness diagram in the other, and connect all the matching wires. If you were just guessing or going by color that's going to lead to potential problems since wire colors between difference brands of component don't match up.

AND, I believe your 07 cherokee does not have a switched power wire in the radio harness. You have to wire back to fuse box to get one .... The red and orange are both 12v+ fused power runs ...

Good info. @Denial- if you need to go get a switched wire, use a fuse tap (like this). You won't have to cut anything and they're super easy to install.

Really wish I would have seen this before now. You are correct I just tested both reds with a dmm and both are 12.something with key off and on they are both 14.something volts. Why the hell does this not have a switched power source? I do have wire taps already and plenty of spare wire laying around but im confused as to which direction to tap into from either the fuse box under the hood or the ignition switch. I clicked on the link you provided but all it aaid about a switched source was I'd need to run a wire from either the fuse box or ignition switch. I feel like I should be staying away from the ignition switch lol I'd much rather just tap into a wire going to the fuse box but what am I looking for to find a switched source? Really appreciate the time and help man thank you so much.

Good info. @Denial- if you need to go get a switched wire, use a fuse tap (like this). You won't have to cut anything and they're super easy to install.
Damn bro thank you so much for this. Just bought the mini and also the micro verison of this just to have both sizes just incase lol. It'll be here Friday. How do I know where to put this in my fuse box though? Just try open spots and test with a dmm to see when I have power with the key on and off or is there a better way to know where I should put it? Thank you again for this man so much I wss going go use a wire tap and tap into a wire coming from the ignition switch I really didn't want to do that lol thank you so much this looks a lot easier.

Damn bro thank you so much for this. Just bought the mini and also the micro verison of this just to have both sizes just incase lol. It'll be here Friday. How do I know where to put this in my fuse box though? Just try open spots and test with a dmm to see when I have power with the key on and off or is there a better way to know where I should put it? Thank you again for this man so much I wss going go use a wire tap and tap into a wire coming from the ignition switch I really didn't want to do that lol thank you so much this looks a lot easier.
Usually you can use" Accessary" in the Fuse Panel

Yes, you guess-and-check with a dmm. Also, +1 to what @audiobaun said. Fuse diagrams are your friend, be they in the owner's manual for your car or printed on the inside of the fuse box cover. It takes a while to find a good one sometimes, but it's not hard to do per se. Just takes patience. As a friend of mine once said "there are two ways to do things."

Edit: By the way it makes things easier if you can find a fuse panel inside the cabin. Most vehicles have an primary box under the hood and a somewhat hidden secondary box in the dash. You probably already know that but worth mentioning just in case.

Usually you can use" Accessary" in the Fuse Panel
Thank you man.
And also thank everyone else who responded to this thread. Still trippin my car doesn't have a switched power source in the harness. Who ever would have thought. At least I finally have a dmm now incase I ever need one down the road lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...