Head unit to match the body of an oldy

@hispls @Kickstand @metalheadjoe this is my 94 outside and inside so what yall think i can put in her. What size sub and box and all the goodies. Dont gete wrong the HU on it aint bad looking im just looking for more modern features without having to rely on cigarette lighter bluetooths and wires out of the deck for aux plugs you know?

color matches with me any day and plus she has 100,000 on the speedo so im thinking i can use her for a bit?

Attachments

• 20210622_053230.jpg
    20210622_053230.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210622_053014.jpg
    20210622_053014.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210622_052956.jpg
    20210622_052956.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 67
Bobbytwonames just put 4 8's ported in the back of his standard cab work truck
Not sure if you want to go that extreme but 2 8's in a ported box done right might fit in there
That and a set of 6.5 comps in the doors will sound great in that small of a space
Might want to get Buck to design you a box to get the most out of the subs
As for equipment
Trying to stay as budget friendly as possible try the SSA FL8's or the Soundqubed HDS2
Sundown Audio SFB amps are good and cheap the SFB 1500 is only 279 at woofersetc or the Soundqubed S1-1250 is $179
4 channel amp to run the fronts
Speaker value is in the eye of the beholder
You will have to find what sounds good to you
A lot of guys around here use the Dayton Audio and Silverflute speakers and they are really cheap
Try and find a HU that will allow you to run active (built in DSP/Crossover)
Saves the money from having to buy a second unit

ugh no the Sundown 1500 is not 279. If Woofers is selling it for that then they are higher then Apex which has it for 239 and then the SFB 2000 for 279 and the new SIA 1750 for 279.

Get an older school alpine 9887/6/5 or an older eclipse (as long as it isn’t broken). Buying something that is far inferior in sound potential and quality for the sake of looks doesn’t make much sense

HU on it aint bad looking
If you plan to do any nice audio upgrade you MUST replace the factory source unit. Call up Crutchfield, tell them your priorities and see if they can suggest some things to check out on their website.

Take a look at the Sony RSX-GS9. It's about the most expensive head unit on the market right now but that is about the most subdued look of anything I know of. Price tag really only sort of makes sense if you're a super SQ nerd and plan to spend hours dialing in reference level sound and will really get some mileage out of all the built in processing power. Also you may have a hard time finding any in stock anywhere.

Not much you can do behind seats in a vehicle like that, especially if you have long legs and can't scrooch the seats up a little. You must take precise measurements and plan carefully to make sure you have adequate mounting depth for whatever woofer you chose. It doesn't take too much to pressurize a cabin that small but have reasonable expectations and whatever you do DO NOT try to cram too much cone area in too small a space. Smaller cone sub(s) in the correct airspace will always outperform trying to shoehorn a sub into an improper sized box.

https://www.qlogicenclosures.com/collections/q-logic-enclosures/ford+f-150+1994

If I got the year wrong Q makes them for most year F150s. Those allow very easy plug and play for any 6.5" component set you like and the imaging from mounting components in the kickpanels is excellent. I have run those in several vehicles and have been extremely happy with them every time. Personally I really like the JBL/Infinity lineup, but there's plenty of component sets in the 150$ range that should perform nicely on 80-100W. Toss a set of components in the factory locations and a set in those kicks on a little 80X4 amp and it'll be as loud as you'd ever want.
Cheap power is easy to come by these days and lots of it comes in a very small package. I buy expensive amps so I'm not the best guy to ask about reasonably priced 4 or 5 channel.

If you plan to do any nice audio upgrade you MUST replace the factory source unit. Call up Crutchfield, tell them your priorities and see if they can suggest some things to check out on their website.

Take a look at the Sony RSX-GS9. It's about the most expensive head unit on the market right now but that is about the most subdued look of anything I know of. Price tag really only sort of makes sense if you're a super SQ nerd and plan to spend hours dialing in reference level sound and will really get some mileage out of all the built in processing power. Also you may have a hard time finding any in stock anywhere.

Not much you can do behind seats in a vehicle like that, especially if you have long legs and can't scrooch the seats up a little. You must take precise measurements and plan carefully to make sure you have adequate mounting depth for whatever woofer you chose. It doesn't take too much to pressurize a cabin that small but have reasonable expectations and whatever you do DO NOT try to cram too much cone area in too small a space. Smaller cone sub(s) in the correct airspace will always outperform trying to shoehorn a sub into an improper sized box.

https://www.qlogicenclosures.com/collections/q-logic-enclosures/ford+f-150+1994

If I got the year wrong Q makes them for most year F150s. Those allow very easy plug and play for any 6.5" component set you like and the imaging from mounting components in the kickpanels is excellent. I have run those in several vehicles and have been extremely happy with them every time. Personally I really like the JBL/Infinity lineup, but there's plenty of component sets in the 150$ range that should perform nicely on 80-100W. Toss a set of components in the factory locations and a set in those kicks on a little 80X4 amp and it'll be as loud as you'd ever want.
Cheap power is easy to come by these days and lots of it comes in a very small package. I buy expensive amps so I'm not the best guy to ask about reasonably priced 4 or 5 channel.

After removing the bottom half of the door panel yea i saw theres plenty of room for upgrades haha who needs power windows at all lol

Q-Logic
I have not heard that name in years
I had a set of them in a 95 honda civic with a set of 6.5 JBL comps and Image Dynamic horn driven tweeters mounted under the dash
That of course was before fiberglass was a big thing

Q-Logic
I have not heard that name in years
I had a set of them in a 95 honda civic with a set of 6.5 JBL comps and Image Dynamic horn driven tweeters mounted under the dash
That of course was before fiberglass was a big thing

Why everywhere else do i hear negatives on jbls?

If you have the flip out triangle windows, there's nothing vertically below them inside the door. Plenty of room there.

I installed in my buddies astro a kicker shallow down firing sub with the radiator the ones that can support a bunch of wait on em. You got any input on em pros cons?

HU on it aint bad looking im just looking for more modern features without having to rely on cigarette lighter bluetooths and wires out of the deck for aux plugs you know?
You could try these hideaway units. Only thing showing would be the power button.
Screenshot_20210624-073722.png

Screenshot_20210624-073217.png

Combine them for Bluetooth hardwired to the FM antenna. No need to splice any wires (except power from lighter), and you keep the OEM radio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...