Head Unit Speaker Settings?

MBrock4u
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey everyone. A funny thing I ran across yesterday. I have a Kenwood Excelon unit and I went into the menu on standby mode and found out that for some strange reason the speaker settings were turned off. To my knowledge this has never been the case. I turned to speaker settings on 6.5/6x9 settting and now it has changed the way my system sounds. Check this out My front stage is a little fuller, I seem to be getting more mid bass from the rears, but the sub seems more powerful. I have had to turn the sub level down from my head unit. I haven't had time to really play with this yet but, why in the world would that affect my sub?? To a bass head this would seem to be a good thing , but I'm not sure that it is for me. Any thoughts comments would be apreciated. Thanks!

Without knowing Kenwood decks, this sounds similar to what Alpine would call "defeat." The defeat feature on the Alpine turns off all of the sound tuning adjustments of the head unit and simply sends a flat signal to amp. _ould it be that?

I found the deal after work. I adjusted the HPF on the rears and all is well. Funny thing though, its better than its ever been. I'm glad I found this out. Its all good!

I've got an Excelon unit too, and part of the problem with them IMO, is it's hard getting to some of the functions, like the speaker settings. I've had my deck for 3 years, and sometimes I still have to dig out the manual:D ......I checked my speaker settings a while back and discovered it was on the 6.5-6x9 , it sounded much better after I switched everything to 6.5

Regards Sonny

Yes it does. Excelon's may have a few qwerks, but they sound so good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I have been very happy with mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MBrock4u

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
MBrock4u
Granite City, Illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date