Head Unit Recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cmartinez73

CarAudio.com Recruit
What headunit do yall reccomend? (06-11 civic si) Im going to run 2 12s. I want something decent quality, Id rather not spend over 250 but if its a huge stepup/worth it to go with things in the 300s then might as well, also want a double din. I really dont know anything about HUs just heard good things about kenwoods and pioneers.

Any recommendations or help would be appreciated!

I'm VERY old school, Pio DEH-PRS old school! I've seen a lot of good things posted on Excelon units in a lot of the forums.

gotcha ill look into those thanks!
I like the Kenwoods and JVC are just about all the same units as they are a Joined Co. now,. Alpine makes some dammned good HUs, and Sony is making a nice comeback with 1-3yr warranty depending on the unit chosen. Pioneer? I havent heard if they resolved the PICO FUSE Blowing issue internally yet??That would be my last choice to purchase

Well, I was referring to pre-pico Pioneer Reference Standard and Carrozzeria, DEH 80PRS, Carrozzeria DEH-970, carrozzeria DEH-P01, THOSE Pioneers. If you are into CD playback, they are still sought after. I'm running the 800-PRS and have a spare 880 should I need it. these can still be found new (NOS) at ridiculous prices.

I like the Kenwoods and JVC are just about all the same units as they are a Joined Co. now,. Alpine makes some dammned good HUs, and Sony is making a nice comeback with 1-3yr warranty depending on the unit chosen. Pioneer? I havent heard if they resolved the PICO FUSE Blowing issue internally yet??That would be my last choice to purchase
I see you on this forum all the time audio bahn lmao what would you go with if you had a $300 budget?

Well, I was referring to pre-pico Pioneer Reference Standard and Carrozzeria, DEH 80PRS, Carrozzeria DEH-970, carrozzeria DEH-P01, THOSE Pioneers. If you are into CD playback, they are still sought after. I'm running the 800-PRS and have a spare 880 should I need it. these can still be found new (NOS) at ridiculous prices.

i wont be using any CDs lol just streaming through my phone dont really mind if its bluetooth or aux but BT would be better so i can charge my phone if i need to

I see you on this forum all the time audio bahn lmao what would you go with if you had a $300 budget?
I got to do something with my down time man.. LOL :D:D:D. Im not into touch screens as Ive tried them. I cant stand the finger prints that stay on the screen and having to wipe it down with my OCD with that. First of. Id would look to see what Sonic Electronix has in stock with the features you want on a Kenwood HU/ or a JVC, Id recommend 4v or better with 3 sets of RCAs Out for Frt. R, Sub, LPF and HPF tuning, Xover and maybe Time Alignment(Ive never used due to having passengers ride usually with me). But Look for the Basics such as this HU in my Opinion and check for what other needs or wants you would like.. Example for me of two HUs for the Basics

I was even looking at one of these to just try out for $100 bucks. If dont like it, I can still use it in my workshop garage or Mancave?? Or Sell it on the Bay for a few $s in return? Its got all I need on it. I dont need all that MutiMedia stuff. I like to keep it simple.

But get a sheet of paper of use your Notebook on your phone or? And write down what yo want on the HU, If you plan to run amplifiers? if so how many? do I actually need T/A but retain the 4v+RCA connections for future amplifiers , Do I need Backup camera or dash camera,DVD? Ect.
Id look on Sonic Electronix and Crutchfield. Both offer dashkits, Wiring harnesses(plug and Play) Antenna adapter if needed. Dont Ask me about Android units. Too many unkown factors for me to know or have played around with. Still New to me,and on the market for affordable and reliable ones for the average Joe

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...