Head Unit or Wiring Toubleshooting

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rooster Feather

CarAudio.com Newbie
Last year I installed a JVC KD-X37MBS head unit and Polk Audio DB522 front and rear speakers in my 05 Jeep Wrangler. I used a wiring harness to connect the head unit to my factory wiring. The system worked well for several months. However, the rear speakers in my sound bar quit working correctly. They still make some noise but it is very weak and muffled. I can only hear them when a turn the fader all the way to the back. I disconnected them and reconnected them to the front speaker wiring and they worked perfectly. So I don't know if the rear wiring is faulty or if the head unit is not working properly. Is there a way to test the output on the speaker wire from the head unit or another way to determine what is going on?

Craig J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

appriecate it man! I was so busy thinking about it that I didn't even think I could look it up with a multimeter.
This might be easy for some but i've only had it wired as a 4 channel. Theres a 2 channel to 4 channel switch and 4 rca's on the other side of the...
Yes you can if you have all the connectors in the rear of the stereo. There should be a bunch of rca connectors plugged in the back of it and if...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...

About this thread

Rooster Feather

CarAudio.com Newbie
Rooster Feather
Oklahoma
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from