Head unit not keeping settings PLEASE HELP

sr20synergy
10+ year member

I recently had a Pioneer AVIC-N3 (single din DVD/navi) "professionally" installed in my '08 BMW 328i (non-navi). If I leave my car off for a few hours, all my settings on the head unit will be lost - radio stations, maps stored in memory, equalizer settings, everything.

It's not that it immediately loses the settings when the car is turned off, which I know is a common problem for faulty wiring. It takes a few hours for it to happen.

Has anyone ever run into this type of problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance. My head unit is frustrating the hell out of me

Please help me!

If anyone can come out and fix it I will pay you $40 cash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm in San Jose/Milpitas, CA.

obviously the battery cable is losing power. run it straight to the battery/fuse box.
But the weird thing is, the clock in my car keeps the correct time and date. Wouldn't the clock reset if the power was getting cut?

Thank you for the fast reply.

I recently had a Pioneer AVIC-N3 (single din DVD/navi) "professionally" installed in my '08 BMW 328i (non-navi). If I leave my car off for a few hours, all my settings on the head unit will be lost - radio stations, maps stored in memory, equalizer settings, everything.
It's not that it immediately loses the settings when the car is turned off, which I know is a common problem for faulty wiring. It takes a few hours for it to happen.

Has anyone ever run into this type of problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance. My head unit is frustrating the hell out of me

Please help me!

If anyone can come out and fix it I will pay you $40 cash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm in San Jose/Milpitas, CA.

if professionally installed they should fix it for free take it back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.