Head unit help

Participant count
  • Participant list
ur gonna have some sockets(bolts) to remmove, i dont no what size off hand tho.Also ull have clips to remove and some vents.

ull have one bolt above gauges. Then 2 understearing wheel in the lower part of dash Ur gon have 2 more near the bottom of the lower dash, ull have to get on the floor to remove them. Once those are out, the lower dash will come off. u will reveal 2 more under the lower dash that u jsut removed. then u should beable to pull the upper dash apart.but before that will come off, Ull have som clips to remove on the right hand side have ur strearing wiheel where the lights control is and ac vent to unclip. THen on the other side u will have all the ac/heat/4wd and maybe some other clips to undo. Ull also have 2 more air vents to unclip. Then pull the whole dash apart, but make sure all the clips are undone cuz u dont wanna break any of those. Then once thats off ur gonna have 4 bolts to remove that secure the stock radio in. Then u should be good. Install ur dash kit and cage and then slide in ur radio. If u have any question pm. i have a 2000 gmc jimmy and they are identical.

There is a 7mm bolt where your guages are take it out. there is 2 to the left and right under your steering wheel and 2 more on left and right at the very bottom of the same piece. Pull that one a little loose and then you can pull the piece with your guages out and undo those wires hooked up and now you can get the hu out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.