Head unit/Amp shutting off

Participant count
  • Participant list

justin490

Hello, sorry if my explanation is long but I want to just provide all the information up front. I originally had 2 12" Kicker Comp R subs installed professionally on a Kicker cv600.1. No electrical issues at this point, but I later decided I wanted to try out some Alpine Type R's. So, I had someone switch out the Kickers for the Type R's, still using the cv600.1. After that was done, whenever I put the volume up too high the subs would either shut off, or the head unit would restart. I was told it was because the subs needed more power, so I upgraded to the kicker cv1200.1, but this did not resolve the issue. I have now switched back to the Kickers, with the cv1200 amp, and have the same issue still. Anyone know what it could be? I don't know too much about installation myself, but any advice would be helpful

Whoever told you that, do not ever take advice from them again.

When you had the Type R's installed, did the installer rewire/relocate the kicker amp?

Sounds like the ground wire to the amplifier may be loose or bad connection.

It can be the amplifier's ground, the headunit's ground or the battery up front's power and/or ground connection.

If it is the battery up front, check and make sure it's on their good and tight and absolutely no corrosion visible on the battery or terminals.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.