hdc315 or hds315

A friend of mine just bought a MB Quart RA 2000 watt amp and he will be getting a 15 inch sub. I told him soundqubed so which line would be better for this amp, the 1500 rms hdc or the 1200 rms hds. I'm certain that amp won't pull a full 2000 watts plus the hds is cheaper. But if it is close to rated will the hdc be louder or sound better witht the same watts? Will the hdc be any better/ louder than the hds? Any chance of burning up that hds3? And yes I will be building the box to specs. Thanks for any help

Either one will be just fine..Just keep out of the clipping zone,set gain properly..Check the tutorial on here of how to set gains properly, and you should be just fine.At this point, its all about the budget,..What he is willing to spend,and size of the enclosure for each subs expense,as well as implementing it with the vehicle its going in.Hell. check out my Honda install..Im running a pair of HDS310s @2 ohms on approx 1300-1500 rms in 4 cuft @32htz, and they slamm theyre azzes off!

He won't be competing, but said he wants all around bass kind of. Will that amp push an hdc3 petty well, people always talk about how low soundqubed is rated. Cuz watts won't be a. Clean 2000. Decisions decisions. Lol right now he has 2 old xplod "1200" watt peak like 300 rms 12's taking a beating from that amp and they shake the car pretty good. For xplods at least.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

deondm18

deondm18
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Beans