HDC3 fail

Dear Von,I dont care what you think about my knowledge about subwoofers. What it comes down to is when I try to prove a point, I have the knowledge to stand behind. Instead people like Mike feel they have knowledge about my father? Because that holds a solid argument about subwoofers somehow. Every point I have argued no one has been able to ever come back with anything.

The top plate of this HDC3 has poor and slopy workmanship.

Mike said I never once competed beside him last year, yet I had a picture to prove it.

DJ said the AQ20k would have warranty when I asked him, then it came out and no one had anything to say as to why it didnt have a warranty.

What it comes down to is I speak my mind, I could care less if you or anyone hates me. To be honest your a nobody to me, as am I to you and the rest of your team. What it really is, is the fact that when I know something is right I will stick up for myself not agree with the pack, I could give a **** if that makes me an outcast... I dont sit at work say "ohhh crap now them dudes on the forum may not like me, what am I gonna do". Instead i speak my mind, if you dont like it, then do what a grown up would do, carry on and ignore it. I don't call you or DOA out until you guys call me out but if you have **** to talk, what it comes down to and sorry if I come off cocky with this but I am more knowledgeable about this then you and 99% of the people, so I have no fears on arguing the subject.

And Les id love to meet up with you at a show, take Vons height cut it in half, and take mikes skin color make it a few shades whiter and you got me. Would love to meet up with someone else who speaks their mind when no one else will.
When you try to argue about craftsmanship of woofers with us we don't know and don't care. That is something you have to take up with the guy we buy from. We like 99% of guys here and everywhere do not care about all of that. We put it in a box, it makes noise. We put a meter in the car, it makes a number. We (DOA) are not building competition cars. I still don't know how to meter and I'm fine with that. Competition is still new to us.

You asked DJ could the amp be fixed and he said yes. I remember. And the way it was explained to me when I went to Missouri was if it is a flaw in craftsmanship or something to that effect, you are covered, but if you are gonna run it at point whatever you would not be. He stated no warranty BEFORE the amp even came out. Go back and read the thread. What does the AQ20 have to do with the sub? I only did a little bit of college so I get confused on the science talk. And it's you're not your. You're is you are. Word 2007 does pick up on grammar mistakes though.

You constantly group me and the rest of my team into your issue with Mike and Alex. Have you seen my build or any of the builds other than the usual 3? Any idea what I run? Oh right we don't give a **** about each other yet you ASSume the whole team runs the same gear. We run **** other than AQ. TommyK doesn't run AQ. Les. Again I could care less about you. Don't wish you any harm though. Your car audio knowledge does not do anything for me or to me. I do feel sorry for you though. You've turned something that some people think is fun into a physics class. And in that you've created a world all your own. Everyone else is on the "we don't give a ****" island. It's a big *** island. We are dumb when it comes to what you know and don't care.

I like being different too. I think Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest basketball player to ever play the game yet I'm 2 train stops from where the Shoe Salesman played. I'm a Steeler fan yet born and raised in Chicago. I can give you a million stats on why he was, but people have their minds made up. You should let that sink in that your knowledge only benefits you. Maybe it hurts you inside that Mike doesn't know **** but can make loud *** rides with gear that's beneath you. And have fun doing it. Hopefully with all of your R&D you design something that would make Dante **** his pants. I guess then you can move on. If the stuff it junk, people won't buy. How come you never come at Sundown products? Jacob would actually answer your questions.

When you try to argue about craftsmanship of woofers with us we don't know and don't care. That is something you have to take up with the guy we buy from. We like 99% of guys here and everywhere do not care about all of that. We put it in a box, it makes noise. We put a meter in the car, it makes a number. We (DOA) are not building competition cars. I still don't know how to meter and I'm fine with that. Competition is still new to us. You asked DJ could the amp be fixed and he said yes. I remember. And the way it was explained to me when I went to Missouri was if it is a flaw in craftsmanship or something to that effect, you are covered, but if you are gonna run it at point whatever you would not be. He stated no warranty BEFORE the amp even came out. Go back and read the thread. What does the AQ20 have to do with the sub? I only did a little bit of college so I get confused on the science talk. And it's you're not your. You're is you are. Word 2007 does pick up on grammar mistakes though.

You constantly group me and the rest of my team into your issue with Mike and Alex. Have you seen my build or any of the builds other than the usual 3? Any idea what I run? Oh right we don't give a **** about each other yet you ASSume the whole team runs the same gear. We run **** other than AQ. TommyK doesn't run AQ. Les. Again I could care less about you. Don't wish you any harm though. Your car audio knowledge does not do anything for me or to me. I do feel sorry for you though. You've turned something that some people think is fun into a physics class. And in that you've created a world all your own. Everyone else is on the "we don't give a ****" island. It's a big *** island. We are dumb when it comes to what you know and don't care.

I like being different too. I think Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest basketball player to ever play the game yet I'm 2 train stops from where the Shoe Salesman played. I'm a Steeler fan yet born and raised in Chicago. I can give you a million stats on why he was, but people have their minds made up. You should let that sink in that your knowledge only benefits you. Maybe it hurts you inside that Mike doesn't know **** but can make loud *** rides with gear that's beneath you. And have fun doing it. Hopefully with all of your R&D you design something that would make Dante **** his pants. I guess then you can move on. If the stuff it junk, people won't buy. How come you never come at Sundown products? Jacob would actually answer your questions.
Your right I over think things, i like to be the best at what I do and know more then anyone else, top in my class in HS and top 20 at college. My dad calls me a smarty pants, mike should know that lol.

Your right though Von and I owe you an apology for that, I do group you with Mike and Alex and that is wrong of me. Each one of you are a seperate person, but when you stand behind one another like a "family" it sure makes you guys all look connected. You have always had too many ideas and builds to keep up with so no I dont know your latest but I wish you the best of luck on it.

I am not living on my own island though, if you went over to DIYMA you'd see there is a forum of 5000 members all like me. The only difference is I incorporate the knowledge of physics in home theater and I try and bring it over to car audio, as it seems very few people try to, and the reason behind that is because most CA people are stuck in their ways. They want the cheapest and most inneffecient setups they can get usually. As long as it makes a number they are happy. The few people who do put science into it are usually the most successful in the hobby though, for example Dante, Butler, and a handful of others all understand wave propagation, acoustic physic theories, and other quantum physics. Guess them guys are on my Island, only difference is they are all about 25db louder then me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

You think I dont enjoy what I do? I have a blast doing FEA modeling on the weekends, building subwoofers on the weekdays, testing at night and meeting my goals and setting new ones. Do yourself a favor and redefine what you feel makes me happy cause every day I love this hobby more.

MattWell if your 15" subs are only rated at 250 your website is incorrect
Not really the Dipole which is our most sold subwoofer is rated at 200w continuous. Although 250 is very doable. We could build them to be from 100w to 2000w

i'm very sorry matt. i forgot you are god. you created everything and knows whats better for everyone. everyone bow down to the all knowing matt.

i'm pretty sure tommyk and decaf know about subs.

if i actually gave a **** as much as you do towards car audio, i will know alot more things. but i don't care too learn

Ferguson. Not taking sides or anything.. but Ive always had a thing against willfully ignorant people. I am a person who takes great pride in what i do as well as being self-sufficient and more. Nothing annoys me more than a person who runs with the motto "do it for me". Dont be a drone.

Im sorry some of us like to actually learn and be creative, thinking outside of the box. I know I get tired of all the same questions and ******** over and over. I get excited when a real question comes up or anything relating to real science comes into play. (Cabin acoustics, advanced enclosure design..etc) and to be honest, most of us are that way. And SHOULD be in my opinion.

You strike me as the type of guy that is content with mediocrity.

Some of us like to learn.

Not trying to come off as offensive, just proving a point. Your post didnt come off as an insult and mine isnt meant to be either. I (in general) am just tired of the every-day drone who doesnt strive for that extra bit. Take pride in yourself. Learn something. You might just find out you enjoy the challenge.

Edit - Just going to add in that this applies to everything. Im going to give a far shot that I am far younger than the majority here, yet you can clearly tell I am (hopefully) more educated. I have not gone to or finished any bit of college yet either, I am simply one who takes pride in ones self. When I read posts here it is strikingly obvious how simple a great deal of the posters are and I cant help but wonder why. How come people are so content with being so uneducated? Where is their drive and curiosity? You hear it all the time.. "Thats too complicated for me" or "I could never do that!". This stems much further into other things, such as maturity and rationality, but thats another topic for another day.

Just another rant of mine as Im tired of people being so mediocre. If I had to choose a favorite saying, it would be "RTFM" and go from there. There wont always be someone there to help you.

*Sigh*

In a final note, I do agree with a good bit of what Buick is saying. I understand theres a bit of bias and personal vendetta thrown in there, but he is entitled to his own opinion and everyone should be able to pick out the opinion from observation. BumpinBuick is a good member and has contributed a great deal, of which we should all be thankful.

So lets try and keep it respectful ladies, regardless of personal opinion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ladysman.gif.b3d08666a805020911dd758f82cd9ab0.gif

Even the part about going to private school?
Yes sir, from grade school all through college. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yep, a DOA member with a bachelor's degree matt! The shock and horror you must be experiencing right now!

My opinion is this. YES this motor should not have passed QC. Did it happen? Yes. Would DJ let it happen had he known about it? I don't think so. That's one of the problems with producing things overseas and out of your sight. You can only trust people so much. They are out to make a buck just like everyone else, and sometimes things might suffer. Out of the thousands of subs that AQ has made, how many do you think have this problem? Whats an acceptable percentage?

Obviously nobody is perfect, but frankly you just came off as real salty in your first post, like you think this is the way that AQ does business all the time. The fact of the matter is that DJ does this for fun and not for money. He likes giving people good products at awesome prices. And he does that very well. Occasionally problems are going to happen, and unfortunately that problem landed in your hands where you gotta blab about it to the entire world and bring down DJ and his products.

I rarely see you do this to anyone else, especially companies that you have had (good) deals with in the past. Only until after they stop giving you deals do you start the bashfest. Or maybe after you find out they WON'T give you a deal.

Since you are firmly attached to AE's nuts, how about we discuss their little (MASSIVE) design flaw that had unsewn lead wires that could come into contact with an aluminum cone? The solution? A big, fat glob of silicone. That's some ingenuity right there. But I'm sure you guys have figured out that issue now (after you guys got bashed unmercifully). But now that you are in the driver's seat everything is ok to say now right? Who cares what everyone else thinks, because YOU'RE correct. Just remember what has happened in the past and let that dictate what you say in the future. You're not here to make friends? I'd beg to differ. What are you here for then? To show off how awesome you are?

I've tested things for other companies and have found some unfavorable results. You know what I do? I talk to the company direct and give them my insight. I don't make threads on forums calling out these companies and calling their business practices shameful. What does that solve? Now only do you tick the company off, now you tick off anybody who runs their stuff. Great idea. And you wonder why this thread has turned into 10+ pages?

But since I'm not in your shoes I don't know how it feels to have everyone hate you and thus you have to try and prove your superiority in other, more technical, fashions.

I don't run AQ, nor do I plan on it, but the way you handled this situation only further proves that no company should EVER work with you on ANYTHING. Some things are best left private. If nothing comes out of it (like in this situation), it shouldn't be your civil duty to go and cry on all the forums about it. Get over yourself and realize that you don't deserve an award for knowing more about subwoofer design than the average schmo.

I don't have a problem with you in person, but sometimes I question your attitude on the forums.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpin buick

5,000+ posts
Science is everything
bumpin buick
Appleton, Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date