HDC3-A vs DD2515?

Let me rephrase:

Im going with the DD because from what Ive read the HDC has a 'hollow' sound, and with the bigger magnet is will be louder, but loudness isnt my priority.

Youll be happy with either.

Well both are great subs. I have tried both. The HDC is beefier in all aspecs. But if you running upwards of 2k I would go with the HDC. But I would do the copper coil instead. I dont really like the sould of the A'coils but like the copper ones just fine. No matter what your choice you cant go wrong with either one, both very soild woofers

HDC is NOT an SPL sub. It's a good sounding daily sub that can get respectably loud if you throw enough power at them...
hdecs sounds pretty bad.. honestly it cannot touch the definition the 25/3500 series have.. the HDC IS A SPL WOOFER.. i don't know where you get you facts or what you smoking but the HDs never sounded great... the 2500s are much better daily driving woofers.. the DD 3500 is about 30 bucks more and they sound better get lower and need less power..magnet weight does signify more motor strength.. the DD 3500 has about hte same motor strength to MMS ratio as the HDCA the copper coil HDC has a good deal more motor strength than the alum coil...

hdecs sounds pretty bad.. honestly it cannot touch the definition the 25/3500 series have.. the HDC IS A SPL WOOFER.. i don't know where you get you facts or what you smoking but the HDs never sounded great... the 2500s are much better daily driving woofers.. the DD 3500 is about 30 bucks more and they sound better get lower and need less power..magnet weight does signify more motor strength.. the DD 3500 has about hte same motor strength to MMS ratio as the HDCA the copper coil HDC has a good deal more motor strength than the alum coil...
My "facts" are the numerous builds I've done with copper and alum HDC's. In the right enclosure with some time spent tuning the HDC's can sound very good for daily on all types of music. I never said it was an SQ sub, but it's far from an all out SPL sub...

Let me rephrase: Im going with the DD because from what Ive read the HDC has a 'hollow' sound, and with the bigger magnet is will be louder, but loudness isnt my priority.

Youll be happy with either.
Not a hollow sound, actually a tight/punchy sound. They're just not boomy on the bottom end like a lot of other subs...

Not a hollow sound, actually a tight/punchy sound. They're just not boomy on the bottom end like a lot of other subs...
I've heard the Alums sound like that as well.

OP, if you dont want to go that rought, you could also look into an IA DP. Talk to Rio for prices. You wont be disappointed.

My "facts" are the numerous builds I've done with copper and alum HDC's. In the right enclosure with some time spent tuning the HDC's can sound very good for daily on all types of music. I never said it was an SQ sub, but it's far from an all out SPL sub...
im sorry to be rude but your an idoit, based on specs and design its built for high output..

its far from a good sounding driver..

way over damped in both aspects (electrical and mechanical).

the b/l curve and cms curves are horrorfing..

they make great street beaters and put up good numbers, by no means do they sound great..

im sorry to be rude but your an idoit, based on specs and design its built for high output..its far from a good sounding driver..

way over damped in both aspects (electrical and mechanical).

the b/l curve and cms curves are horrorfing..

they make great street beaters and put up good numbers, by no means do they sound great..
im sorry to be rude, but you'rE an IDIOT. that is all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bballstarx124x

10+ year member
bballstarx124x
Pittsburgh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from