DD vs. Fi

Fi has a better price to performance ratio. DD subs are fricking expensive. You would save money going with Fi.

i personally like the way the fi motors look but i like the baskets and softparts of the dd. performance wise, dd subs can get very loud

I hate threads like these.

I've ran both DD and Fi. I am a DD dealer.

The DD3500 is an amazing sub for the cost. The guys at DD are extremely helpful and if you go to any shows, you will see them supporting their customers in the lanes.

The FI BL is also a good sub, but has only a 1000rms (1500 might would be safe on it). I know people that run 3k daily to their 3500s

Fi has a better price to performance ratio. DD subs are fricking expensive. You would save money going with Fi.
You know nothing about retail. DD subs are actually CHEAP compared to most any other brand that is sold in a car audio shop. We compare DDs $300 sub to most other retail brand's $600 subs. It is unfair to say Fi has a better price to performance ratio because Fi is only sold in one place and also can lower prices because they don't have any dealers to screw over. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just something that shouldn't be compared to another company that has a completely different business strategy.

performance wise, dd subs can get very loud
Any sub can get loud. It is all about install.

You know nothing about retail. DD subs are actually CHEAP compared to most any other brand that is sold in a car audio shop. We compare DDs $300 sub to most other retail brand's $600 subs. It is unfair to say Fi has a better price to performance ratio because Fi is only sold in one place and also can lower prices because they don't have any dealers to screw over. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just something that shouldn't be compared to another company that has a completely different business strategy.
My local dealer quoted $550 for the 3500 series when I asked about a price. That is why I said they were expensive. If that is the price you sell them for, I take back my previous statement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My local dealer quoted $550 for the 3500 series when I asked about a price. That is why I said they were expensive. If that is the price you sell them for, I take back my previous statement.
You missed what I said completely lol. I said DD's $300 sub. That is the 2500 series. Not the 3500 series. $550 is right for the 3500s, but you are talking about a 3k+ power handling sub. In retail, it is hard to beat that.

if you go in to a dealer hell yes you are going to say they are expensive. they are right on par with other brands though on price the only difference though is they will out perform most brands that are comparable. just dont buy from a dealer.

You missed what I said completely lol. I said DD's $300 sub. That is the 2500 series. Not the 3500 series. $550 is right for the 3500s, but you are talking about a 3k+ power handling sub. In retail, it is hard to beat that.
$550 for 3500's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

more like the 9500's

I hate threads like these. I've ran both DD and Fi. I am a DD dealer.

The DD3500 is an amazing sub for the cost. The guys at DD are extremely helpful and if you go to any shows, you will see them supporting their customers in the lanes.

The FI BL is also a good sub, but has only a 1000rms (1500 might would be safe on it). I know people that run 3k daily to their 3500s

Any sub can get loud. It is all about install.

Really? When did that change. DD wasn't at world finals for the 4 years I went, last I heard they haven't been lately either. Unless it's some rinky dink local show in OKC I don't know what your talking bout

$550 for 3500's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gifmore like the 9500's
No, not when it comes to MSRP. Believe me, I look at the price sheet everyday.

Really? When did that change. DD wasn't at world finals for the 4 years I went, last I heard they haven't been lately either. Unless it's some rinky dink local show in OKC I don't know what your talking bout
The last 4 shows I have been to I have seen Steve and a few other guys...

Scrapin the coast, siknic, etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hockeytoker

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
hockeytoker
Highlands Ranch, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date