Having gain ALL up and still no clip?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Oh ok because the lc6i has a "maximized" light which is the clipping indicator and thts how im supposed to match the gain to amps but with the light off which means no clipping i can have my gain all the way up and hardly any clipping to no clipping

What volume level are you setting your factory head unit at when setting gains?
24/33 with music it clips though i was using sign waves or test tones whatever you call em and thaf didnt clip but on music it does.

I'm using the lc7i in my 2012 Infiniti g sedan and I virtually have no gain up on my amps bc I set my lc7i to the max voltage that my amps will take at 6v on my Ampere aa2000.1 and arc 4050cxl. I'd try turning gains all down and see if you can up your voltage from your lc6.

I'm using the lc7i in my 2012 Infiniti g sedan and I virtually have no gain up on my amps bc I set my lc7i to the max voltage that my amps will take at 6v on my Ampere aa2000.1 and arc 4050cxl. I'd try turning gains all down and see if you can up your voltage from your lc6.
Yea i set it with the lc6i and at half exactly it clips according to the "maximizer" led. For my mids anp i literally have no gain its that loud but the sub is dead unless its full gain.

What level are your test tones?
They are 0db tones

Yea i set it with the lc6i and at half exactly it clips according to the "maximizer" led. For my mids anp i literally have no gain its that loud but the sub is dead unless its full gain.

They are 0db tones
Do you have your sub side wired from the "main" part on the lc6i? Bc I remember when I first hooked up my lc7i...I had done it wrong lol I had my "main" and "front" wired together somehow (don't ask me how) so I had my front stupid loud and barely any sub.

Do you have your sub side wired from the "main" part on the lc6i? Bc I remember when I first hooked up my lc7i...I had done it wrong lol I had my "main" and "front" wired together somehow (don't ask me how) so I had my front stupid loud and barely any sub.
I did it how audiocontrol said to, the fronts to main, the rears to ch 2 and it automatically creates a sub channel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.