Haven't done in awhile... help

Participant count
  • Participant list

DenaliG

OH
Hey guys.. it's been 6 years since I did my last system and now helping out my friend.. if you don't use it you lose it saying is working on me here...

I have a 10" RE SCX.. dual 4ohm 450RMS.. woofers

Having trouble remembering, can I wire to 2ohm and can I use a 4 channel amp?

The plan is to eventually add front speakers to the amp along with the 1 sub.. can you bridge 2 channels for the sub and run 2 other channels independently to the door speakers? If so... what watt amp should I be looking for?

If not I was going to go with a mono kicker amp:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BDCAV20/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_fUzxzbWRY4BG6

Is this amp too much?

Hey guys.. it's been 6 years since I did my last system and now helping out my friend.. if you don't use it you lose it saying is working on me here...
I have a 10" RE SCX.. dual 4ohm 450RMS.. woofers

Having trouble remembering, can I wire to 2ohm and can I use a 4 channel amp?

The plan is to eventually add front speakers to the amp along with the 1 sub.. can you bridge 2 channels for the sub and run 2 other channels independently to the door speakers? If so... what watt amp should I be looking for?

If not I was going to go with a mono kicker amp (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BDCBNUY/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_pHzxzb2RYCSBK)
Wiring two dvc dual 4 ohm will yield a 1 ohm final impedance load. I know this because I'm doing the same. It is possible to wire those subs to a 4 ch amp but strongly suggest a mono amp. Since that Amazon link never works, any Amazon linked on here, gets redirected to another site, and doesn't find what you were looking at. What 4 ch amp do you have?

We can get you something better than that Kicker amp. Do you have a budget?

Wiring two dvc dual 4 ohm will yield a 1 ohm final impedance load. I know this because I'm doing the same. It is possible to wire those subs to a 4 ch amp but strongly suggest a mono amp. Since that Amazon link never works, any Amazon linked on here, gets redirected to another site, and doesn't find what you were looking at. What 4 ch amp do you have?
We can get you something better than that Kicker amp. Do you have a budget?

The amp I linked to was a Kicker 43CXA6001 Mono Amplifier. My friend doesn't want to spend more than 200, 250 at most.

Why not just buy a 5 channel amp? There are some decent options for not much money at the power level you're trying to reach.
I am open to suggestions in this price range. Will it supply suffient rms to the sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.