Have you ever?

Firmbiz94
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
had to take your subs out of you vehicle for whatever reason. And then Ride around for a few days with no bass? I put my box back in today and i swear it hurt my ears.. i can usually ride around fult tilt and I dont even think its loud but **** after a few days now i realize why every starts itching their nose and *****in when they get in my car and turn it up......BTW Gettin flat tires with a huge box in your trunk that doesnt like to come out in one piece on top of your spare sux.

had to take your subs out of you vehicle for whatever reason. And then Ride around for a few days with no bass? I put my box back in today and i swear it hurt my ears.. i can usually ride around fult tilt and I dont even think its loud but **** after a few days now i realize why every starts itching their nose and *****in when they get in my car and turn it up......BTW Gettin flat tires with a huge box in your trunk that doesnt like to come out in one piece on top of your spare sux.
lol been there done that!

Spare tire on the roof FTW

I notice a small gain in performance when I take my box out, It's almost as bad as a dead body back there with it in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

HIYA.jpg

I designed my install where my box fits perfectly through the opening of the backs seats with them folded down so if I were to ever get a flat all I have to do is slide the box through there. Also my amps are bolted the floor of the trunk where the hatch is to the spare tire and battery and I have access to them no problem, so it works out perfectly.

yea and the flat usually occurs at 1 in the morning when you cant see and you have no tools and are in good clothes...stuck in a neighborhood i have never been in with people eyein my shyt

That's why I made my box .9 cu ft and 1 sub...so I could move the box without extra people or a forklift. I mean, is the marginal amount of extra output you get from a larger box really worth having to call a tow truck every time you get a flat?

i thought i did that till i popped my tire, slid my box back and tore my ****ing subwoofer surround on one of those little trunk lights....
tight boxes and trunk lights ftl.
yea I made sure to test it several times before finalizing the install. I've even changed out my battery since having this box and amp rack setup when I got one of bumpin buicks stingers and was able to have access to the stock battery with no problems and only had to push the sub box foward about a foot or so through the back seat opening.

I will say though that since my amp rack is fiber glass and I got two nice size amps on top of it it is ideal to have another person hold the trunk hatch opening while the other works on the battery (or grabs the spare), which is how I swapped out my battery, so if I were to get a flat alone it would still **** lol. But better that way then to not have access to a spare lol. For 4 years I rode in my last car with boxes too big to even think about a spare and luckily never got a flat lol. This time around though I had to make sure I had access to it though since my battery located under the trunk hatch.

I had a few flats in my life...and every fvcking time it's almost impossible to get the spare tire out with my huge ass box on top of it. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a thing for car audio...or at least a fold down rear seat.

Never been a day without subs in my trunk though...not since I got my first ones.

That's why I made my box .9 cu ft and 1 sub...so I could move the box without extra people or a forklift. I mean, is the marginal amount of extra output you get from a larger box really worth having to call a tow truck every time you get a flat?
Yes. AAA ftw.

yea i just bought my car 6-7 months ago and the tires were brand new...since then i put about 15K miles on it..I blew out 2 tires on the hwy..when i finially get back to the house i get under the car and see that all my tires are wore down on one side to the metal....goodyears ftl..i got on the internet and found nothing but bad reviews on them..But if you guys ever need tire I found a great place to get em dirt cheap..(used) google "vyc used tires" they are also on ebay.. i bought 2 toyo proxes tpt's which are about 130 dollar tires at the local shop..they had 11/32 tread life remaining which is like brand new..i got them today and installed them and they are really nice and i only paid 130 with shipping for both...Highly recommend them..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.