Have a question about Mono amps with Dual Outputs

So, lets say I take both sets of +/- and run them to the 1 Ohm speaker. Since the outputs are wired parallel inside of the amp, could the amp then see a 1/2 Ohm load? I'm not going to do this. This is just a question to satisfy my curiosity
The effect would be you doubled the thickness of your wire.

Just look at the amp as one positive and one negative that are split on the end so you can have more terminals if you're running more than one sub. By saying they are running parallel inside the amp just means that they are running parallel, side by side to the same source.

I'll put it to you this way, see how you wired your sub in parralel at the sub (pos from one vc to pos of other vc and same with the negative) what do you think would happen if you ran two more wires in parralel on the sub for neg and pos. Do you think you're sub would now be 0.5 ohms? Of course not, you're really just making the wire thicker by using two seperate wires, Well it works the same at the amp. If you have a final load of 1 ohm(for example) no matter how many wires you connect to the amp it will stay at 1 ohm cause that's the final impedance. Running more than one wire to the amp from one sub isn't the same as running more than one sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.