HAT L1v2 Placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

5.3bowtie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys. I would like to hear what placement people are using on their L1v2 tweets. I currently have them mocked up in my truck (2002 Chevy reg. cab) in the A-pillars facing the opposite headrest.

It seems to me that the one on the pass side facing me is much more detailed and "brighter" for lack of a better word. Do these tweets perform that much better on axis? Should I face both toward my seat to get the best imaging? Basically with zero ta the sound stage is still toward the pass side of the truck. What are your guys thoughts?

First time doing a semi sq setup so bare with me. Thanks for the help.

I have t/a on my deck but with it set to zero the stage is closer to the tweet that is farther away which doesnt make any sense. It should be the closest tweet to me that I hear over the other and then use t/a to delay or move that tweet farther away to get a centered stage correct? I am just wondering if I am not comparing apples to apples with one tweet being on axis and the other off. Its weird though because there are certain higher frequencies such as symbols that I do not hear come from the tweet off axis but if I sit right in front of it to where it is on axis then I hear everything.

Depending on your tweeter xover points, T/A probably won't help much in centering your stage. In those frequencies, we localize sound through IID which has to do with relative loudness. t/a is most beneficial to your mids. Flipping the phase like wenn mentioned can sometimes "tame" a tweet that seems overbearing.

With your tweeters, aiming is the key. No one can tell u what will or will not work. You have to play around with it and get them where they sound good. The only processing I see being able to help this is a way to turn one tweet down separately preferably independent L-R EQ. But, even then, aiming and tweeter placement are crucial.

If it sounds weird with one on axis, try them both on axis.....try em off axis facing each other.....try em facing the respective headrest....million possibilities. Pillar tweeter pods on a swivel are good for this and also help reduce diffraction and reflections that can also ruin your sound and soundstage.

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I will be trying this next week as I just ordered the threaded swivels from Sears. Thanks for all the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.