Has anyone used these before? (Struts for 03 Dodge Neon)

Participant count
  • Participant list
found these on another forum

"I took a chance and bought these for my 97 Camry off of Ebay since the price was so dirt cheap. When I compared the Staggs with my factory struts, everything matched up and the paint job was top notch. The compression and rebound were significantly better than the stocks. The car now holds corners much better than before and rebounds from road dips noticeably well. The ride is firmer than before (I guess you could say more European) but I prefer that to softer ride that compromises handling. So overall, I'm very satisfied with these struts; the only question is will these struts last? Only time will tell. I do not recommend switching out the stock springs ... at least with my car. The Staggs did a good job of firming the entire suspension system. I've tried KYB's (too soft) and Tokico's (too hard) and believe the Stagg's is a good compromise between both. Once again, the price of the Staggs was too good to not try them out. "

found these on another forum

"I took a chance and bought these for my 97 Camry off of Ebay since the price was so dirt cheap. When I compared the Staggs with my factory struts, everything matched up and the paint job was top notch. The compression and rebound were significantly better than the stocks. The car now holds corners much better than before and rebounds from road dips noticeably well. The ride is firmer than before (I guess you could say more European) but I prefer that to softer ride that compromises handling. So overall, I'm very satisfied with these struts; the only question is will these struts last? Only time will tell. I do not recommend switching out the stock springs ... at least with my car. The Staggs did a good job of firming the entire suspension system. I've tried KYB's (too soft) and Tokico's (too hard) and believe the Stagg's is a good compromise between both. Once again, the price of the Staggs was too good to not try them out. "
Lasting is important. Lol.

"I just got mine yesterday. Took them over to a friend who owns a Napa Autocare center for a look-see. After checking them out and then running the stamped-on part number, he seems to think they are actually Bilsteins. Possibly an offshore arm of Bilstein, they are made in China by the way. The part numbers are exactly as described in the ebay auction and are stamped on the shocks/struts themselves. The color of the parts is sort of a gun-metal grey. Is this comparable to Bilsteins IDK? I will try to post some pictures here shortly, my wife had the camera yesterday. Can't wait to get them on the car to see how they feel for $160."

Ride is exceptional. Smooth. Responsive. No harsh bumps. Have not hit bumpstops yet.

Springs have settled a little.

Went from

27" Front

26" Rear

To

26 7/8" Front

25 3/4" Rear

I am riding on Firestone Firehawk GT-Z 245-45-17 inflated to 42lbs with OEM SE rims. Max psi on these is 51lbs. Anything under 40lbs is too soft...

...extremely happy with the swap from Maxspeed/Tokico Blues (Had set-up for approx. 60k miles) to this set-up

I read up a lot on them a while back when I was looking for cheap shocks/struts for my car. Basically what I got was they were good shocks for stock replacement but not for an upgrade (better handling or with lowering springs). If you keep your expectations at that, if you get anything better than that handling wise...good, if not...that's fine too.

No idea about that strut brand but Vogtland is a reputable spring manufacturer. Not sure if you made a decision or not, OP...
I have not. With the price of Tokicos going up. I am leaning towards just getting some Monroe Quick struts to save me time and hassle. Not sure if they will change the ride height at all, I doubt it. But I just need new suspension, doesnt have to be anything fancy. I talked to some more people about the set I had put up on this thread, and they said that the struts blew out after about 10k miles.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.