has anyone ever fixed a deh-p8400mp

Participant count
  • Participant list

xchaosx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
pa
it just stopped working. it blinked a few time here and there. so i went to have it fixed and they wanted like100$ to fix it but for that much i'll just get a new HU. then i started to poke around on the net and it seem that this is a common problem with this unit or any or the double faced fold out. well any way i down loaded a service book and i think i found out what part it is the ribbon cable (which is only 11.xx from pioneer) but im not sure .so if you have fixed this before can ya let me know if this is the problem please.or if you have heard anything about this that i my not know.

I need that exact same piece (the ribbon cable); do you have a link to it??

My buddies 840mp that I sold him started fritzing out aswell...and I believe that to be the problem.

yea i'll get it pioneer's site is actin shitty do you need the service manual to take it apart also i DL that too but from a different site but anyway the ribbon cables is only like 11.xx

Sweet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif Definitely let me know how it goes.

I feel bad because I sold my buddy that 840MP that he has. Worked like a charm when I had...then about a week after I sold it to him, it starts spazzing out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i was almost in the same boat was gonna sell it to get something new but the guy had to wait another week and it stopped working the night he was to buy it i would have felt like crap if i sold it to him

sorry it took so long but yea the GXY1005 will fix the no power no face move problem so if any one has this problem that is the part to fix it and it's very easy to do pm me if any one needs help or hit me on aim blazed 2k s10

Yup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Picked up the part at a local shop (they had one in stock, and for the slightly higher price it was better than waiting on it to be shipped to us). Tore the deck down and tossed it in this weekend. All is well now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif So, if anyone needs walked through it, I too can assist //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I tryed searching pioneers site and got nothing what pin conector is it cause they got like 4 different one with different pin amounts.(update) i ordered the part 20 bucks shipped i hope this works

My deck situation is kinda strange

Some ***** ass theifs broke into my car and tryed to steal my cd player and took the face and use the little bridge that the face sits on as a handle to try to pull it out but to no avail so i straitened it out and got a face from my buddy comfermed to work we put it on his cd player but i tryed hooking up mine and nothing I would think they probly damaged the cable trying to use that grab handle the my face is trying to sit on. so this unit has been in my closet collecting dust i would realy like to replace my current pyle i mean pile deck and be able to listen to some cd's:crying:

Please help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.