has anyone done a build on 4th gen camaro/firebird?

Isn't that the last generation for firebird, camaro is different?

P2040136.jpg

Well anyway that pic I posted is similar to what my friend did to his camaro in the same generation, it looks really good and sounds nice. I don't know why they stopped making firebird but kept going with camaro =/ Hurting the pontiac lovers

Firebirds won't come back unfortunately.....Pontiac no longer exists......There have been some builders who have made a "5th gen" firebird off the camaro body though.

if you look over on Audioque's homepage, i did the install in the (first pic) green camaro....he has 1 12hdc and got pretty f'n loud..., but this week i believe he wants me to build him another box for a 12" btl...so we'll see how this one goes...

check out this place

Camaro / Firebird 1993-2002 -

they make alot of cool boxes for the 4th gen f-body

and theres no doubt theres alot of spl that can be produced in this hatchback...the hatch cargo area has a tremendous amount of space that allows for both a big box, but ability to have sound come straight into cabin from port(if you go with a ported box)

i just have a universal turbobass probox for a single g5 10" powered by a 500w alpine monoblock, and when i had it tested at one of the local shops i hit 141dBs...this might not seem like much but id say pretty decent for all fairly avg stuff

Firebirds won't come back unfortunately.....Pontiac no longer exists......There have been some builders who have made a "5th gen" firebird off the camaro body though.
Pontiac hasn't gotten the axe entirely yet. Their emphasis is being phased out until only a few "niche" models will carry the Pontiac badge and sold on other brand lots such as Chevy. So it is quite possible that GM decides to make one of those remaining niche models a Firebird variant of the current Camaro. I have heard nothing concrete about them doing that, but just wanted to clear up that it isn't out of the realm of possibility and to clarify that Pontiac as of right now is not being terminated completely.

I helped a buddy with a box that was L-shaped so he had enough space for a ported 15. The build itself took two attempts but she did her share of damage once completed. Wish I could remember the size off the top of my head. The box fit so well that we had to remove the plastic trim that goes around the edge of the hatch.

IMG_2383withflaw.jpg

3dview3qbox.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.