Harness requirements?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chev15

I am wanting to install a after market amplifier to my 2004 Chevrolet silverado 1500 extended cab with onstar and standard bose system factory head unit. I'm not sure how though. Is there any kind of harness(s) that i can use to keep the factory head unit, onstar, bose system (factory amp), and warning chimes? And if there is, how do i do it? I'm planning to hook up a sub to the amp if i can get it hooked up right and keep everything working! Thanks

You can go the crappy cheap way and buy a simple hi lo converter for $15 bucks or you can purchase something like audiocontrols LC6i

why not just go with an aftermarket radio and get the correct harness that retains Onstar and warning chimes. you'll spend about $100 on a quality LOC and the GMOS harness is about the same price and you can get a HU with all the features your current OEM unit doesn't have.

You can go the crappy cheap way and buy a simple hi lo converter for $15 bucks or you can purchase something like audiocontrols LC6i
Do you think a NVX XPLOC4 output converter would do the trick, and fulfill my needs? Also, my sub is 400 watts rms and the amp 450 rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.