HARD hits/Punches not loud

Don't think Plywood is on the table of options lol... It's a family car and I'm sure my wife will flip her ****! I'll look into those other brands of sound deadening.
with 1/2 ply the stock headliner comes back on and it looks like nothing was ever done to it. its as stealth as you can get and it'll save your family's lives if you ever flip the car or have a medium sized boulder fall on your car. I'm joking on the last two lol..

I had no idea 1" really made that big of a difference....
Scion XB so mini mini van lol
Area of a circle is Pi*radius^2 so surface area increases more than just 1". 13" circle is roughly 17% more area than a 12" circle.... probably not going to make or break you, and of course the JL w7 is an outstanding 1000W woofer but you should be able to do more or less the same thing for less than the 1000$ MSRP of one of those.

Scion should be pretty easy to get loud. Nice open cabin, though weak panels will hurt if you're trying to meter, but to the ear you're about 5dB ahead of anybody trying to get loud out of a trunk.

nope its literally how your box works with your sub's ts parameters and your overall vehicle cabin gain to produce the amount of output needed to get that kick. .
Very much this. You can't just take any old sub and tune it to 35hz and expect good sound. You must build the box around your woofer.

That said, IMO you very probably won't need whale-song low tuning, few car audio subs will play up high flat if you tune them really low. Should be plenty of friendly priced stuff that'll get you there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.