H.O. alt in powerstroke???

GnFnRs
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i could have sworn that i had read somewhere that when ya run a ho alternator on a 6.0 powerstroke that ya can't just run a larger power wire from the alt to the batts because the glow plug module can't see 12 volts on start up? makes no sense but i wanted to ask if anyone on here has done this? and if it is true how did ya fix the problem? iam also looking for a 250+ amp alt for a 6.0.

thanks guys.

mark

i could have sworn that i had read somewhere that when ya run a ho alternator on a 6.0 powerstroke that ya can't just run a larger power wire from the alt to the batts because the glow plug module can't see 12 volts on start up? makes no sense but i wanted to ask if anyone on here has done this? and if it is true how did ya fix the problem? iam also looking for a 250+ amp alt for a 6.0.
thanks guys.

mark
Doesn't make sense, I believe the glow plugs on a relay circuit. Not sure about them seeing 12 volts being a problem. I would just leave the stock wire in place and add a 2nd larger wire for your charging needs.

mla?

glad to hear it. thanks guys.i am ready to start my crown 6000 gti and 4 treo ssx 15 build in the excursion soon..

also, i have 2 batts under hood for the truck. can i replace those with kenetics? and then add 2 more? or should i just leave the red tops under hood and add kentics in back?

not sure if kentics can be used as a normal cranking battery. no expierence with them at all

if you big ballin go with the biggest kinetiks you can fit up front and couple 2400 in the rear.

if you buy all 4 at the same time since battteries are very similar you can run without isolator, regardless isolator are cheap and you can use 2 200amp iso to get 400 amp total. Look into diode isolators.

cool. i kinda wanted to do a pair of 2400's under the hood and a pair outback.

hope this is enough for the big amp.and maybe a 2nd later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.