Grrrr, whining

Participant count
  • Participant list

DC8 Flyer
10+ year member

Ok, searched here and elsewhere and have tried most, haven't tried grounding the HU to the amps grounding block (I just got the car back together!). I thought I had conquered this problem with grounding the RCAs to the HU, but it is rearing its ugly head again. The whine is faint and does not increase in volume with an increase in HU volume, and is only in the rear speakers (their own amp). Weird thing, to me anyway, is if I take the speaker wire I was using to ground the RCAs to the HU and touch them to the RCAs with the RCAs unplugged from the back of the HU (but still plugged into the amp) and the ground wire NOT attached to anything, that introduces the same whine, this is all with the car running of course, and if the HU is off there is no whine or in between modes (tuner, cd).

The only thing I didn't try was swapping the front and rear RCAs at the HU, since the front RCAs are on a pigtail, not the "flush" plugs like the rear.

Both RCAs (front and rear) take the same route to the trunk, the sub amp gets its RCA input from the full range output of the front amp, I could try switching that to the rear amp, but I don't think that would make a difference.

Kenwood KDC2032 headunit for reference.

Any ideas, am I missing something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.