Grrr, I hate my bandpass box with a vengence!!

Abunai
10+ year member

Dear God does do bandpass box's ****.

I have a Q-Logic dual 12" bandpass box with the subs slanted toward the middle, quite possibly the most expensive bandpass box made.

That **** will make your insides shoot out of your body it's so loud, but it can only hit like a 10 hz range (~75-85) around there. It hits the one frequency you turn your ports to.

I have 2x 12" Kenwood Tornados (blue, small inclosure, $139 a peice version, dicontinued I believe) 800 watt (250 RMS), and I will get a seal box when I get payed Friday.

I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch 500.2 and I have to turn the gain on full just to have adaquate bass at the right volume for the rest of my speakers ('cause I have an 1996 model panisonic cd player which only has one preout, I will replace it with a nice Alpine one), because bandpass box's need so much power.

Those subs I have and the bandpass box are quite possible the WORSE possible sub/encloser combo you can have, but before I get my custom .80 cubic ft / per side seal box, should I take off the plexi glass on my bandpass box so I get more than one bass note, or will the free air like enviroment hurt my subs more than that boomy sorry ass SQ all SPL box?

if you did that, it would be like a really high tuned ported box, which would **** for daily driving. you would most likely lose even more of your low end and your subs could easily be damaged because it is tuned so high.

also i would recomend turning the gains down on that amp cause its gonna cause clipping if you turn your sterio up very much which can cause your speakers to get damaged.....good luck...and i would def. recomend the sealed box or a ported box....good luck

If I don't have my gains on full I can barely hear any bass from the subs, I don't want to turn the bass up on my 1996 panasonic cd player 'cause it will turn up the bass on my factory mids, and makes them sound like ****.

What is powering your other speakers?? If your head unit is then a second amp is definitely something I would recommend.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

A second amp with a crossover will let you turn down your sub while you seperately tweak your other speakers.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

HP = high pass

LP= low pass

both are types of crossovers, the HP cuts off lower frequencies, while the LP does the opposite.. x-overs can have different alignments as well..

Loyd L.

First off if you take the plexy of the front of a 4th order box it will be a plain sealed box. If it's a 6th order it will be a ported box. either way the sub would be fine. The nature of a band pass is that the louder you want it the smaller the bandwidth it will play @ that Db level. You can make a bandpass box play a wider bandwidth BUT it wouldn't be as loud. Most likely louder than a ported @ bandwidth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.