Grounding to Batt or chassis?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xpl0it
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
everywhere
Ok so I have my colossus in the back and it will be hooked up to an hc2400 from an hc800 which goes up to my front battery which is an optima yellow top. Now, my optima yellow top is grounded twice with 1/0 and I have my Big 3 in 1/0 gauge. My HC800 is grounded to my chassis and my hc2400 is grounded to my hc800 and my amp is grounded to my hc2400. Will I see a significant difference if I ground my HC800 in the rear to my optima yellow top, or will my amp's electrical needs be satisfied having the hc800 grounded to the chassis?

i have always grounded every thing back to the front battery. if you do have the back batteries grounded to the chasis then make sure the chasis is grounded to the frame with 1/0 and the engine is grounded to the frame with 1/0. also why did you double ground your optima up front? does it help more? thanks and good luck, andrew

I have a ford explorer so I dont' know if it's "unibody". However, double grounding my optima yellow top with 0 awg was an experiment and actually did wonders on my past system with a 1501d (eliminated dimming with the second ground). I'm just not sure I can run another 1/0 back up front comfortably. Will I hear an audible difference in groundings? Thanks guys for the input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.