Grounding second battery

boddy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm running 2 runs of 0 gauge one for + and one for - as had quite a bit of 0 gauge and want to make sure that the 2 batteries are connected good. But is it still necessary for me to ground my second battery to the chassis?

WIRE 5
These wires are to ground each battery to the chassis for devices that may not have a NEG- wire running directly, but are still pulling power from the battery. A good example would be lights or other chassis grounded devices.
I would rather my rear battery only supply current to my audio system than run accessories. I know you can't seperate them while the engine is running but not grounding the rear battery would make the accessories current harder to reach my rear battery as it would have to pass over my front batteries terminals.

Think i might just leave it not grounded.

I have a Knu Konceptz grounding block that has (2) 0 gauge inputs, and like (3) 4-8 gauge inputs. One 0 gauge is going to the chasis, the other 0 is going to my 2nd battery. I use the other 4-8 gauge to go to my accessories. So the distro block is grounded to the car and the 2nd battery at the same time feeding my shit in the trunk. It may be overkill, but works out fine for me.

Ground_Block-KND-23-1.JPG

I would rather my rear battery only supply current to my audio system than run accessories. I know you can't seperate them while the engine is running but not grounding the rear battery would make the accessories current harder to reach my rear battery as it would have to pass over my front batteries terminals.
*facepalm*

lol...

but i never grounded my rear batt with my front. just to the chassis....what could seriously hurt? If im grounded to the frame in both spots shouldnt it be fine?

????? Those other accessories are going to run the same load on the same current as everything else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.