grounding *pics*

really? u gotta put spray paint...?

It protects against rust. A rusty ground is a worthless ground. But hey, if it never gets exposed to moisture you might be ok. I always paint my grounds because I don't wanna take a chance of having to come back and redo it because it rusted.

I usaully hear people using silicone on top of it. Exposed bare metal will rust whether it is inside or outside the car as long as there is oxygen present in the atmosphere.

Put something on top of the metal after you attach your ground, spraypaint or sillicone will work as mentioned earlier. I didn't do that on my 1st install and ended up getting some noise about 6months later.

got ground?

gotground.jpg

It seems like it would be a waste of time to cover up the terminal and then paint. Painting the terminal too would help stop it from corroding. It won't oxidize as fast as the steel of the car though.

just get the dirt off and do acouple coats of primer if you want to...ive never bothered w/ it....

o, and did i mention my frame cracked in half from all the rust? eh

just get the dirt off and do acouple coats of primer if you want to...ive never bothered w/ it....

o, and did i mention my frame cracked in half from all the rust? eh
Holy christ that musta been alot of rust, wtf did you do to that thing? Drive it through the ocean?

lol maybe i'm late for this but i have a 01 corolla, i used that same spot as a ground and it ******, what i used is a bolt that is hidden behind the seats, only thing i hate about my rolla is that the seats don't fold and i had to take out the back seat to get to it...

well i actually grounded my spot on the chasis just below those lights...so im good..

but for the rust prevention some said to use pretroleum gelly..like vaseline for the sanded metal

hows that?

well i actually grounded my spot on the chasis just below those lights...so im good..but for the rust prevention some said to use pretroleum gelly..like vaseline for the sanded metal

hows that?

Seriously man.....just spend $4 on a can of rustoleum and be done with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.