grounding *pics*

turnstylez18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Toronto
k this is what i have for my setup..the ground i have now works but it looks crappy...i was thinking of using the ground where it holds my taillights...some ppl said they used it as a ground...tell me what u think..i would try to ground it on the bottom frame of the car but everything is bolted on..its just a hassle

systemsetup0019zv.jpg

systemsetup0072qu.jpg

systemsetup0085cx.jpg

Rule one of electronics - never wire by sight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You may think you can see that voltage...trust me, you can't.

DMM's were invented for a reason.

I'd go for a bolt thats attached to the floor of the trunk, as it is closer to the frame of the car and is most likely thicker steel than what that taillight bolt is attached to. If there isn't a bolt or screw on the trunk floor, get a "self-tapping" screw and screw it down to the floor. Make sure that whichever spot you do, sand down the surface to bare metal so that the ring terminal makes good contact to the metal surface.

yeah i like it too....that box was made for the type r so thats why i got...cheap too....

so its okay to put that ground where those bolts are? im gonna scrape the paint and secure for sure

Rule one of electronics - never wire by sight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You may think you can see that voltage...trust me, you can't.
DMM's were invented for a reason.
so u are saying ground to the lowest spot of resistentic (sp?)

yeah i like it too....that box was made for the type r so thats why i got...cheap too....so its okay to put that ground where those bolts are? im gonna scrape the paint and secure for sure
as long as its obviously in contact with the metal chassis of the car, yes. it will be fine. I'd still try to choose a bolt somewhere on the bottom of your trunk though

alrite ill try to look for a better spot if not then ill settle for the taillights...

what do u think of the setup though? does everything look alrite? i know its messy

I think we both know 99.9% of the people on this forum arent going to whip out their DMM's to measure their entire trunk for resistance. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

alrite ill try to look for a better spot if not then ill settle for the taillights...what do u think of the setup though? does everything look alrite? i know its messy
do you at least have the amps secured somehow? or do they just slide around?

I think we both know 99.9% of the people on this forum arent going to whip out their DMM's to measure their entire trunk for resistance. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
If they don't have a DMM...maybe they shouldn't touch their stereos and leave the job to people that know what they're doing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

But maybe that's a little blunt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.