Grounded for life!

Participant count
  • Participant list

thebahdest

CDT HD 62s

Memphis 16-PR2.100

Pioneer DEH-3200UB head unit

So grounding my head unit has turned out to be a little bit more tricky than I thought. I had heard the harness ground was bad to use so I tried out some different combinations and really haven't found that sweet spot. (Note: At one point I DID, with the headunit directly grounded to the metal frame it sits in and then connecting the ground from the harness about mid way between the other ground wire to make sort of a T). Now after many different combinations I think I may need some advice. What is the best way to ground this **** thing and why when I created that T shaped grounding scheme did it sound absolutely phenomenal and worlds better than ever before (other than dumb luck!)?? It is seriously baffling me.

You fooled me. Thought this thread was gonna be about the tv show that used to be on. It was canceled after 4 seasons. Luckily, I got it on DVD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Grounding the harness wire should be fine, but if there's a bolt on the headunit case, you could run an extra ground wire to somewhere on the frame.

I had an old Zapco SQ amp for mids and highs that needed to be grounded to the headunit heatsink for higher quality signal or something. I ran an extra wire to the headunit and grounded it to the amp's signal input. Kinda hard to explain

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.