Ground wire help.

Okay thank you appreciate it.

So the stud that takes a 6 mm bolt in my floorboard is not going to be accessible through the plywood that my amp is mounted on because he amplifier ends up over the top of the stud that's in the floor so that's a no-go.

What I need to do and any tips would be appreciated I need a way to go through the plywood half inch plywood through the carpet and into the floor the metal floor and and get a good solid ground.

Like I said before the reason I need to go through the plywood is because basically the amplifiers eating up the entire space underneath my seat there is nowhere else to ground this to I have to go through the board through the carpet into the metal floor but I need a way to do that to where I can mount the ground wire on top of the plywood to a bolt with some washers on it or a stud sticking up through the plywood that I could put washers and bolt it down the problem is is how do I make it stay in the floor to where it's making good contact with the metal that's the part I can't figure out.

The ground wire can be run under the carpet to anywhere you please...

No the ground wire cannot be run under the carpet to anywhere I please there's no carpet left to run it under the amp covers the entire carpet underneath my seat.

If it didn't I would go under the carpet.

The problem is this amplifier has RCA connectors at one end power and ground at the other end the power and ground are made to come straight in not 45 or 90° angle. The only way I can run a ground would be to the right once it's coming out of the amp I can't go to the left because it's going to hit the power wire.

That's why I was trying to find some way to where I could just run it out of the ground turn it to the right and swing a 90 down the right side of the the piece of wood that the amp sitting on and attach it like that otherwise I'm going to have to drill a hole through the plywood then go through the carpet down to the floor.

Got most everything done today but I'll have to look at it again tomorrow with fresh eyes and figure out how I'm going to do it.

The real problem is the amplifiers too big for my car that's the real issue I need an amplifier that the positive the ground the speaker terminals the rcas are all on the back of the amp that's what I really need but it's too late for that I can't return the amplifier I bought so I got to make it work.

The problem is this amplifier has RCA connectors at one end power and ground at the other end the power and ground are made to come straight in not 45 or 90° angle. The only way I can run a ground would be to the right once it's coming out of the amp I can't go to the left because it's going to hit the power wire.

That's why I was trying to find some way to where I could just run it out of the ground turn it to the right and swing a 90 down the right side of the the piece of wood that the amp sitting on and attach it like that otherwise I'm going to have to drill a hole through the plywood then go through the carpet down to the floor.

Got most everything done today but I'll have to look at it again tomorrow with fresh eyes and figure out how I'm going to do it.

The real problem is the amplifiers too big for my car that's the real issue I need an amplifier that the positive the ground the speaker terminals the rcas are all on the back of the amp that's what I really need but it's too late for that I can't return the amplifier I bought so I got to make it work.
I like the idea of cutting a large enough hole in the plywood, to be able to see the cable attached to the grounding bolt. Good luck.

Okay thank you appreciate it.

So the stud that takes a 6 mm bolt in my floorboard is not going to be accessible through the plywood that my amp is mounted on because he amplifier ends up over the top of the stud that's in the floor so that's a no-go.

What I need to do and any tips would be appreciated I need a way to go through the plywood half inch plywood through the carpet and into the floor the metal floor and and get a good solid ground.

Like I said before the reason I need to go through the plywood is because basically the amplifiers eating up the entire space underneath my seat there is nowhere else to ground this to I have to go through the board through the carpet into the metal floor but I need a way to do that to where I can mount the ground wire on top of the plywood to a bolt with some washers on it or a stud sticking up through the plywood that I could put washers and bolt it down the problem is is how do I make it stay in the floor to where it's making good contact with the metal that's the part I can't figure out.
Still not clear why a front seat bolt is not an option? Put a ring terminal on the end of your cable, and unscrew a seat bolt, insert the terminal and reattach the bolt. Please explain. Thanks.

Still not clear why a front seat bolt is not an option? Put a ring terminal on your cable's end, unscrew a seat bolt, insert the terminal, and reattach the bolt. Please explain. Thanks.

Just saw your post, yeah didn't think of that, that could work, will look into that tomorrow when i take the seats out again, good idea.

Even these have come in handy at times.Drill the hole in the board and place and secure and then mount the Amp board back down,. Seat bolt with a cleaned off painted surface with a very thin washer, Ring terminal,washer then seat bolt back on work pretty well for up to 1500 rms is just fine. Any more power and I will drill a hole use a grommet and attach to the frame of the vehicle and same process for prepping to secure with a backup nut to secure.. Hit with Silicone.. let that dry over night and come back and hit it with Gloss paint to seal from Rusting and use a Solid Distro block to amps ect.. If you have a bench Vise.. you can Bend the terminal you have for the 90* bend needed (Copper Lugs I always use and I will also sand off the coating on both side of the Lug as well .. Maybe Old school.. But Ill do it as a habit for excellent contacting)

Thank you for your reply I think I have 2,000 RMS. Thanks for that link I think those 90° copper lugs will work great. I do have a bunch of them here at the house but not 90° but I could try bending them and see how it works.

Thank you for your reply I think I have 2,000 RMS. Thanks for that link I think those 90° copper lugs will work great. I do have a bunch of them here at the house but not 90° but I could try bending them and see how it works.
Copper is soft and will bend just fine without a whole lot of effort. A Vise will make it easy

You place the Lug terminal with the Vise to clamp and mash the crimp section and wire portion a little higher than the Eyelet of which leaves the Eyelet on top Exposed approx 1/8" to use a small Ball Ping hammer/hammer to bend to the degree you need so the the Eyelet/hole is not bent to where you are not able to get the Bolt back in . (You can put the bolt in so that it bends while hammering and bending to the degree youd like just fine as well so you do not seal up that opening if you havent done several times as I do on the daily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...