Grille

Originally posted by CarAudioNut I ran into this same problem with my Orion 12" HCCA. The solution I found was to get a 15" grill and cut a ring out of wood and carpet it to act as a standoff for the grill.
That actually sounds like a great idea...if I get a 12" over my 10" sub it seems like it would be a lot safer...

It took a while to figure out what would be the best way to protect the driver and all my thinking went no where, The idea occured to me when I was thinking about something else.

I have an extended cab on my truck with the box in back of the seat. I never had a problem myself but I have lost count of the number of times passangers have THROUGHN stuff back there and when I say What are you doing? They reply ohh I didn't know that thing was back there. It pays to protect a good driver that cost some $$$

BTW I am selling the truck and getting a new car, doing both today. So it looks like I get to design and install a new system over the next few weeks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by CarAudioNut BTW I am selling the truck and getting a new car, doing both today. So it looks like I get to design and install a new system over the next few weeks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thats always fun...what kinda car are you getting?

Originally posted by Brock thats always fun...what kinda car are you getting?
Just drove home with it a few minuets ago. A 2003 Volkswagen Passat. Lots of room good loacations for speakers, double din, plus another din in center consol, cd changer shelf in trunk. This thing has some serious potential to do some nice stuff all in factory locations. The rear deck is hudge I ordered one Boston Proseries 10" sub but I think I will make it a pair instead!

i think best buy carries some of them.. though i wouldnt recommend buying from them. why dont you move your butt and make one.!

Originally posted by MUGEN! i think best buy carries some of them.. though i wouldnt recommend buying from them. why dont you move your butt and make one.!
Mostly cuz I don't have all the tools...it's still a possibility though

Oh no... passat double din.

Read up at vwvortex about the issues with the monsoon radio if you want, but know that you're going to need to run all new wires for the speakers (monsoon has that stock high-level input amp) and you'll need a powered antenna booster... Still, nice, big ride. The little pocket for changers, etc, is really nice though.... really would make a nice place to slip a tiny blaupunkt t class sized amp.

If you go with what paikiah suggested with the extra panel, you could always try picking up a sheet of plexi and figure out a way to mount it over the sub. Just cut out your own desgin on the flat peice of plexi over the sub and you have a custom grill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

actlsub

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
actlsub
New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date