great quality 300-500w amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

desastrux
10+ year member

Atlanta
Hey everyone, i am planning on getting a Hyundai Veloster this summer and want to upgrade the sound system. I am looking for a great quality 300-500 watt amp. Just wondering what suggestions you all have.

I am looking at the Sundown Audio SA 8 D2, and the Digital Designs 1508t, so an amp for either of those would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you want to go used, but I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch 500-1bd. 400watts at 2ohm. That would be a decent match for either of those subs. If not used, what's your budget for a new one?

Hey everyone, i am planning on getting a Hyundai Veloster this summer and want to upgrade the sound system. I am looking for a great quality 300-500 watt amp. Just wondering what suggestions you all have.
I am looking at the Sundown Audio SA 8 D2, and the Digital Designs 1508t, so an amp for either of those would be great.
Im going to ask anyways to clear a couple recommendations up.Are you wanting to run @4ohms ,or 1ohms bridged/mono??Im betting 1,but just thought Id ask, as you have recieved wrong info for running a DVC2ohm sub@2ohms?

Not sure if you want to go used, but I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch 500-1bd. 400watts at 2ohm. That would be a decent match for either of those subs. If not used, what's your budget for a new one?
Wrong man..If you look the subs up/google those are DVC 2ohms subs not DVC4ohm.He needs make a decision to run at 4ohms, or 1....not 2Cook an amp,and maybe a sub????)Some of people dont have money to blow:rage:

On eBay I was just looking,and found a SStream Rubiocon Refurb RUB1.800 Class D mono block that comes with a 3yr warranty rather than a 1yr warranty as most have ,with free shipping and for $149.90,and you should get the 500 rms out of it @1ohms , or take a look at the Massive Nano N2 for a little more,and a deffinate space saver.Just a couple suggestions..What is your budget for an amp???

Maybe a better choice found..A SStream Rubicon RUB1.1000D comes with a 2yr warranty and a bass knob shipped for $209.95, and Brand New on Ebay.Check those out,,This one would prob be better, the other 2 for space saving, and rt at the 500rms margin possibly with stock alt.

Wrong man..If you look the subs up/google those are DVC 2ohms subs not DVC4ohm.He needs make a decision to run at 4ohms, or 1....not 2Cook an amp,and maybe a sub????)Some of people dont have money to blow:rage:
Sure did misread that. Good catch. Amp is one ohm stable tho.

Well, I don't know anything about the ohms, so could you all help me out on that one? I am just looking to replace my current sound system. I am just looking to replace the sub and the amp that come standard with the upgraded model.

Would getting the DD 1508t sub, and CM600 amp be a good combination? Cuz that's only $450 for the 2 of them.

I am looking at 500 for the sub, and the amp together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.