GP Inc STFU Sound Deadener

XplicitAudio
Pro Seller

GP Sound deadener is now offered at Xplicit Audio!

Total Thickness: 200mil

This deadener features 60mil of high purity butyl rubber combined with a 4mil aluminum AND 16mil lead barrier, topped with 120mil of acoustic foam. This product is designed to not only reduce rattling, but drastically increase your interior listening expreience for enhanced sound quality, while also lowerin the overall FS of your vehicle for an increased low end response.

Deadener comes in:

4sq ft. - (1- 18 x 32" sheet) - $26 shipped cont US

20sq ft. - (5- 18 x 32" sheets) - $100 shipped cont US

40sq ft. - (10- 18 x 32" sheets) - $190 shipped cont US

60sq ft. - (15- 18 x 32" sheets) - $285 shipped cont US

80sq ft. - (20 - 18 x 32" sheets) - $375 shipped cont US

100sq ft. - (25- 18 x 32" sheets) - $450 shipped cont US

For all international orders, please email me at sales@xplicitaudio.com for a shipping quote.

For special pricing, email me at sales@xplicitaudio.com!

GP Inc. Products - Xplicit Audio

attachment.php

MLV can still be used, but the lead will do a lot of the sound barrier work that MLV is used for.

Looks like an interesting product.

Can you please take some pictures, vids, etc and let us know your thoughts? Since it's a new product, people can be "unweary" of it.
I ordered the 20 sft package for 100.00 with free shipping, it arrived fast and it came very well packaged. I haven't had time to install it, but so far this product looks and feels like it should cost more. I have used Dynamat before and this GP STFU looks and feels so much better. I will try and make a video of my truck and system with rattles and flex before and afters and post a link to you tube.

That is all

i thought mlv was to reduce and absorb high energy waves aka road noise. last time i checked lead had a far greater weight per foot than mlv and was used in stopping ultra high energy waves aka x-ray, beta and gamma waves. not saying mlv shouldn't be used but lead would seem to be a far better alternative.

i thought mlv was to reduce and absorb high energy waves aka road noise. last time i checked lead had a far greater weight per foot than mlv and was used in stopping ultra high energy waves aka x-ray, beta and gamma waves. not saying mlv shouldn't be used but lead would seem to be a far better alternative.
Yes sound waves are blocked by mass, but also requires a limp material (vinyl) to work the best . The mass loaded vinyl is designed in such a way that it has a high mass and a visco elastic property (limp). In a door the objective is 100% coverage and isolation from the outside world. Your going to have a very hard time curving lead to the curvatures in your door and getting your door panel back on. Its much easier and just as effective to use a high quality MLV that actually molds to your doors.

Yes sound waves are blocked by mass, but also requires a limp material (vinyl) to work the best . The mass loaded vinyl is designed in such a way that it has a high mass and a visco elastic property (limp). In a door the objective is 100% coverage and isolation from the outside world. Your going to have a very hard time curving lead to the curvatures in your door and getting your door panel back on. Its much easier and just as effective to use a high quality MLV that actually molds to your doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XplicitAudio

Pro Seller
XplicitAudio
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from