Gp caraudio.com

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
Review of:

Hi guys. I ordered an agm34 northstar battery with sae terminals. The battery arrived and its super heavy. Reason I bought it is I got dimming lights and it got annnoying. Haven't hooked it up but i'll be hooking it up later on. The battery looks fkn solid. I bought it also because a guy while I was over in mexico recommended me northstar. He competes put there.

Gp Fuseholders. I bought 8 of them. I was originally gonna go with knukonceptz but these use crimp terminals so I dont have to deal with having to cutting out wires to make it fit. They even look super clean too.

Merica 2/0. This came with 2 of the fuse holders I bought. I just bought them to try out the wire since its fkn expensive. When I seen the cable I was like OMFG. The wire is pretty heavy and looks SUPER DURABLE. I've had Knukonceptz and welding wire. This by far feels the best.it is really expensive. If I had deep pockets I'd do all my wiring with this. My eyes are in love with this wire.

The shipping was fast too. And they even threw in a couple of 2/0 lugs and heatshrink.

Overall so far I am really satisfied.

Cant wait to hook that **** up.

I was actually just looking into their 1/0 wiring since I’m stuck between GP or KnuKonceptz Kolossus OFC. But like you mentioned it is pretty expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually just looking into their 1/0 wiring since I’m stuck between GP or KnuKonceptz Kolossus OFC. But like you mentioned it is pretty expensive.

If you dont want to waste alot of money go with CCI ROYAL Excelene 2/0 . Its $2.50 a foot and its the same as Kolossus 1/0 . With the exeption that kolossus is more flexible. What I like better about CCI ROYAL welding cable is that when u peel of the protection the cable doesnt go all over the place.

If ud like send me your phone # and ill send you pics of the wires side by side. Itll be tomorroe tho im done for today

If you dont want to waste alot of money go with CCI ROYAL Excelene 2/0 . Its $2.50 a foot and its the same as Kolossus 1/0 . With the exeption that kolossus is more flexible. What I like better about CCI ROYAL welding cable is that when u peel of the protection the cable doesnt go all over the place.
If ud like send me your phone # and ill send you pics of the wires side by side. Itll be tomorroe tho im done for today
PM’d

Car audio is expensive!

Car audio is expensive!
Couldn’t agree more! But a lot cheaper now that I’m starting to work on stuff myself instead of shelling out money to a shop haha

Plus the joy of doing stuff yourself

Couldn’t agree more! But a lot cheaper now that I’m starting to work on stuff myself instead of shelling out money to a shop hahaPlus the joy of doing stuff yourself

True. Some do some don't.

I wasn’t meaning to hate on people that pay shops I was just saying I’m eager to learn how to do the car audio aspect of installs for my car

I dont pay either. The shop right here on Salinas is just ******* overpriceeld. Last time I needed a lil bit of wire just for ground. I went and bought 1/0 2 feet and it was $4 a foot. It was hitron ****** wire. That **** aint even 1/0. Knukonceptz is $3.65 a foot and I swear its almost TWICE as thick.

Also my buddy a while ago he got 4 **** speakers.he got them installed and it was $350.

Also last time I went to see if they would set the gain on my amps for me & the guy was like sure. I asked them if they used an Oscope n he said no we do it by ear.

So i talked with the guy & he said generally if an amp is 100rms and a speaker is 50w RMS u just set the gain half way. Of its 100w rms too u just turn the gain all the way up. Right away I was like this guy is ******* stupid af and ever since I havem't gone back.

You should have been around in the $3-4 dollar per watt days
I was but other options were available that weren't as high soon after. Early 90's. 200x2 ran about $500 for good amps. But you could always go crazy and pay more, just like now.
I think the first true great amps I had were Hiphonics. The cheater amp days of running SS 10.2's was my favorite. Running them at 1/4 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
BassDrop
SALINAS CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views