Gotta do it!! What's a good United Statesian made high output alternator...

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Missouri
...for my 2006 Grand Caravan? I Googed it and there's about a bazillion of them!

Which does Caraudio.com like and why? Gonna go with a Northstar battery of some type. Kinda pricey, but what isn't, especially if it's Made In USA?

John Kuthe..

DC Power's website didn't have any models for the 2006 Grand Caravan, specifically, so my search goes on. They look like pretty good high output alternators though!

Maybe I have to contact DC Power directly. (Which I just did, sent them an email!)

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using Excessive Amperage for many years now. I've been happy with price and performance and Nate hs been helpful when I've needed customer service.

Honorable mention for Ohio Generator, a lot of the big dogs up this way run theirs and I've heard nothing but good stories all around from their customers.

AFAIK most of these guys build to order so you don't just go online with a "what fits" chart like parts store, but contact them with your needs and get an individual quote.

I've been using Excessive Amperage for many years now. I've been happy with price and performance and Nate hs been helpful when I've needed customer service.
Honorable mention for Ohio Generator, a lot of the big dogs up this way run theirs and I've heard nothing but good stories all around from their customers.

AFAIK most of these guys build to order so you don't just go online with a "what fits" chart like parts store, but contact them with your needs and get an individual quote.
I like the name Excessive Amperage, I may go with them just for the name! Can I get an Excessive Amperage sticker too? ;-)

Thanks!

John Kuthe...

I like the name Excessive Amperage, I may go with them just for the name! Can I get an Excessive Amperage sticker too? ;-)
Thanks!

John Kuthe...
He includes vinyl decal with your new alternator.

I'll preface with this, these days he is pushing the 6 phase "hairpin" style alts so while the price on those is very competitive, his prices on the traditional style (at least for my last one) weren't so great. My 6 phase was far less money than I expected though and it is definitely exceeding expectations.

He includes vinyl decal with your new alternator.
I'll preface with this, these days he is pushing the 6 phase "hairpin" style alts so while the price on those is very competitive, his prices on the traditional style (at least for my last one) weren't so great. My 6 phase was far less money than I expected though and it is definitely exceeding expectations.
"Exceeding expectations" appeals to me a lot!! Looks like "Excessive Amperage" is a "custom" alternator business so I expect very high quality but don't know if I really need a custom alternator for my 2006 Grand Caravan. But I may get one just because 1) I can, 2) I LOVE financially supporting Made In USA businesses, and 3) because I love stickers! He hee, I was just kidding about the latter, but still very cool, thanks!

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.