Ebay Digital Volt/Amp meter

Participant count
  • Participant list

iLL Ridge
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NC
DC-6V-12V-24V-2in1-Dual-Display-Voltmeter-Ammeter-YB27VA-DC-0-100V-100A-Red-LED.jpg

How accurate are these for the amperage reading?????

How could I test actual current draw from my amp(s) without a clamp meter to compare the reading?

A multiple point measurement is superior to only checking the calibration at one point.

If a single point calibration is used then select a load that is near the full scale maximum of the meter.

When several loads are used then segment the full scale into two, five or ten.

If I were to check the calibration then I would put a voltage multimeter right across the load then use Ohm's law, I=V/R to calculate the actual current based on the measured voltage and the measured load resistance.

The tool I would use for the load is an adjustable carbon pile load. Here are some images of mine when I was testing the generator in my Jeep. Note that I have a really nice clamp on meter that would be perfect if I wanted to make this measurement.

Loading%20at%201300%20RPM.jpg

Measuring%20Generator%20Current.jpg

Carbon%20Pile%20Load%20Discs.jpg

Carbon%20Pile%20Load%20Tester.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.