Got the 800PRS

tiny tim
10+ year member

LA
So anyway my head unit was stolen outta my car last week so I had to decide on a new one that the insurance would cover.

I ended up getting the pioneer 800PRS, came in the mail today. Now the only thing left is to get it in there.

I'm a complete newb to installation, the most I've ever done is rip the system out of my totaled car (hah) and install an Ipod adapter to the back of my old 8600MP.

I want to take it active cus everyone's telling me it will sound way better, but have no idea how to do that. I also have pretty much free installation to anywhere of my choice (insurance agreed to cover it) so will they do an active set up? Any of you 880/800PRS that convinced me to get it have suggestions on what to do?

As far as the rest of my set up i have a 2003 chevy silverado with all Memphis mclass speakers throughout and 2 10"s under the back seat in sealed box. Thanks for advice

What exactly are you asking here? The point of active is to have more customization so it sounds better for you. Figure out which drivers you want first.

this is prob dumb but im dumb with car audio (hence im posting right now) but can coaxials not go active?

coaxs cannot.

i will agree and say that you don't seem ready to go active quite yet. do LOTS of research on it first. it's not for everybody.

Your typical car stereo installation bay (best buy, CC, sound advice) is gonna look at you like you are crazy if you mention being active.

You should probably give that unit to me, and buy something else. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Your typical car stereo installation bay (best buy, CC, sound advice) is gonna look at you like you are crazy if you mention being active.
You should probably give that unit to me, and buy something else. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ahha so true. I explained to them that all the crossover settings were being handled by the HU and such I that I did not have a passive crossover and such. After all that explaining they asked where I put my processor....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

With your setup now you wont gain anything going active, I dont even think you can because you have coaxes. You would need to get a good set of components, to which you would be able to cross your mids, and tweets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tiny tim

10+ year member
tiny tim
LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from