Got some box plans

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nut Hair Trick
10+ year member

Pubes
Ok, I have some box plans, but the majority of the measurements I need to make are not rounded off. For example....7.13", 7.54", 4.61", 7.46"...... ok, I know how to turn decimals into fractions, but how in the HELL do I measure those odd measurements listed above with a tape measure?

If they were written as decimals and all work together, rounding them off will not work. Getting whole new plans would be a better idea.

They're from a set of PWK plans

pete.png

Thus the odd measurements. I have seen digital tape measures, but I was wondering if there was any other way to go about calculating these things without guessing on the tape measure or rounding.

There's odd numbers for everything except for the outside dimensions. I just found a tape measure though, that has a side for decimals in .10 and .20 increments. I'm pretty sure it will be easy to approximate anything smaller than .10 by eye. Amazon.com: Stanley 33-272 12-by-1/2-Inch Heavy-Duty Powerlock Decimal Scale Tape Rule with Metal Case: Home Improvement

I've always worked with nice round numbers before so this threw me off. Thanks for the help.
If the outside is whole numbers the enclosure itself should be straight forward, the port and 45s will be odd numbers do to the angles being cut.

I'm sure you can get it worked out though. Should be a fun build too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Nut Hair Trick

10+ year member
Pubes
Nut Hair Trick
Arlington, Tn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date