got SCREWED!

cazorp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok well I just bought 2 kicker cvr 12's the other day from ebay, they came in the mail today and one of them has a hole in the middle of it, the pics in the auction are clearly in great shape. one of them is fine, but the other one is definitely unusable, and now i cant get in touch with the guy who sent them to me, after the auction ended he wouldn't send me a tracking# and now hes not returning my messages about this.

The thing is i know he didnt send tehm like this because they is another small ding in the cone, and the piece that is broke off was rattling around inside the subwoofer. So what do I do??? File it with Ebay?? UPS?? im just really frustrated and dont know what to do

thanks for any help

Zach

heres a few pics of how they came, the box was too small and there were only 2 pieces of bubble wrap in there, so im sure it was a result of bad packaging

if you payed through paypal you have buyer protection, if the guy had it in the auction the subs were in working condition, file a claim with ups or whoever shipped it. Hope they were insured!

I'd file a complaint with PP like right now! Also, becuase you did business with him, you can get his info including his phone # from ebay. Call the guy and see what's up. If he's shady, he's guilty!! Post the link to the auction too so we know what & who you dealt with.

If he ****ed you, file it with USPS, that is if you got the MO there or even if you used it to ship the MO. I did it once before over something that cost like $5 but the guy ended up shipping the product. Apparenly, when they get around to it, some nice federal people give the person a call and inform them of what they did, and that if it goes to court, its the USPS that provides the lawyer, not you.

yea i bought and shipped the money order through usps ... what do i have to do to inform them, do i call a special number or what??

any other ideas

thanks

Zach

ok man thanks, im so mad right now, i know its not the guys fault, but at the same time, 2 F'in pieces of bubble wrap, he could have done better than that

has it occurred to you that maybe he planned this???? He has a damaged sub, sells it as like new, throws the broken pieces in with the subs, ships it, looks like a shipping problem. Why didn't he offer insurance? all he has to do is charge you a little more for shipping. Why isn't he answering your e-mails? Why didn't he wrap it better?

i just read the auction and it said insurance was not offered, does this mean im scrwed??
Zach

UPS IS an Automatic $100 insured you should be covered. But you have to prove shipping damage.

By the way did you noticed he only had 1 transactiuon on E-bay? I try to avoid newbies

UPS IS an Automatic $100 insured you should be covered. But you have to prove shipping damage.

wow thats good, well i dont think it should be hard to prove that, i found the piece after i heard it rattling inside the sub, and it looks like it has been bangin against the other sub, plus the way they were positined in the box it was almost certainly what happened, the box also looks like it has been thrown around, no fragile stickers or anything.

what do i do... just bring it up to ups?? call??

thanks

Zach

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cazorp

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
cazorp
Shreveport,LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date